Pear, Prosciutto and Walnut Pizza Recipe from Siúcra
Try something different over the festive season with Siúcra’s Pear, Prosciutto and Walnut Pizza recipe which combines bold seasonal flavours for a taste sensation that will delight your guests.
Siúcra’s Rich Dark Brown Sugar creates deliciously sticky caramelised walnuts which add a real depth of flavour to this pizza. Cut into bite-sized pieces and serve warm from the oven for a crowd-pleasing canapé.
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– 15g butter
– 1 semi-ripe pear, thinly sliced
– 1 shallot, sliced
– 1 tbsp Siúcra Rich Dark Brown Sugar
– 1 ready-made pizza base
– 4 slices of prosciutto, torn
– 100g blue cheese, crumbled
– 100g goat’s cheese log, sliced
For the caramelised walnuts:
– 30g Siúcra Rich Dark Brown Sugar
– 20g butter
– 60g walnuts
1. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Combine all of the ingredients for the caramelised walnuts in a frying pan over a medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, for five minutes until the nuts are coated.
2. Scrape the mixture onto the prepared baking tray and spread into an even layer. Use two spoons to separate the nuts from one another.
3. Heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the pear, cover with a lid and cook for 10 minutes until soft.
4. Add the shallot and stir in the Siúcra Rich Dark Brown Sugar. Cook for 5-7 minutes until golden. Remove from the heat and set aside.
5. Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Spread the pear mixture over the pizza base and cover with the prosciutto.
6. Add the cheeses. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the crust is golden and the cheese is soft.
7. Scatter over the walnuts to serve.