Penne Pasta Recipe with Aubergine, Ricotta and Nutmeg from Il Posto Restaurant
This penne pasta recipe with aubergine, ricotta and nutmeg comes from Il Posto Italian Restaurant in Dublin.
The simple dish is an ideal family meal and could even be prepared with young children assisting.
– 250g penne pasta, cooked
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 1 aubergine, diced
– 8 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
– 2 tbsp basil finely, chopped
– 2 gloves garlic finely, chopped
– 1/2 tsp nutmeg
– 1 tbsp butter
– 50g ricotta cheese
– Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a hot pan add the olive oil and gently fry the aubergines.
2. When they are golden add the cherry tomatoes and the garlic and fry for 2 minutes.
3. Season with salt, black pepper and nutmeg. Add the basil and stir for a few seconds watching it does not burn.
4. Add the vegetable stock and the pasta and simmer until the sauce reduces.
5. Finally add a spoon of butter.
6. Serve in a bowl and add a spoon of ricotta cheese on the top
Il Posto is one of the most relaxed and modern Italian Restaurants in Dublin. Located on St. Stephen’s Green in Dublin 2, The restaurant’s appeal lies in it’s natural warmth and charm, offering regulars and newcomers an atmosphere that would make you feel like you are dining in the heart of Milan or Rome – Italian food & wine. Visit their website: http://www.ilpostorestaurant.com