The pecans and sliced mange tout add a nice crunch to this salad recipe. If you prefer you could use peaches or nectarines instead apples.
– 4 pork chops, trimmed
– 1 tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper
– A knob of butter
– 2 eating apples, cored and each apple cut into 8 wedges
– A handful of pecans, split down the centre
– 120g bag of salad leaves
– 100g mange tout, thinly sliced lengthways
– 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
– 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
– 2 tbsp olive oil
1. Heat a little oil in a large frying pan. Season the chops with a little salt and black pepper.
2. Add to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
3. Wipe out the pan with a piece of kitchen paper. Put the pan back on the heat and add a knob of butter over a medium heat.
4. Add the apple wedges to the pan and cook gently for a couple of minutes.
5. Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl then add them to the pan to heat up. Season with a little salt and black pepper.
6. Divide the leaves and sliced mange tout between four plates. Place a chop on top, add the apples and spoon over the dressing from the pan. Sprinkle over the pecan nuts and serve.
For more information, www.bordbia.ie