Sharing her secrets, Roz has unveiled the recipe for this refreshing Power Shot Smoothie, which is perfect for starting and maintaining you throughout the day.
Makes one large smoothie, with option to cut ingredients in half to make a smaller portion size.
– 1 banana (frozen)
– 1/2 a raw beetroot (peeled and steamed)
– 1 1/2″ ginger roots (keep the skin on, as all the nutrients are in there!)
– 1/2 the juice of a lemon
– 100 grams of blueberries
– 1 pint of coconut milk (you can substitute coconut water for added electrolytes!)
– 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
– 4 mint leaves
– Optional -1 Medjool date for sweetness
1. Add ingredients to blender. Blend until smooth.
2. Pour into a glass, and enjoy.
I’m not someone who advocates a certain type of diet and I love exploring with vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free,paleo, raw and so on, I am by no means ‘anti’ any food groups and I appreciate that people will have differing requirements for their way of living.
I do, however, have one criteria, I use only whole foods, I avoid processed goods, aspartame and foods containing words and additives I can’t even pronounce!
Cooking like this may appear more time-consuming but I can guarantee you that the end result is far more rewarding not only for your health, but for the all important eating experience and the salivating taste buds.