Pretty Pink Hummus Recipe By Chef Jeeny Maltese
Perfectly Pretty in Pink Hummus Recipe! My go to “emergency snack” at anytime of the day, when hunger strikes as I battle my hectic schedule for the day. I have replaced the olive oil for Greek yogurt and the lemon for beetroot pickled juice, adding an extra creamy and velvety texture to the hummus and also keeping it healthier and with less calories. Tastier, great for your health and good looking.. what else can you ask from a great snack!
– One 400g can chickpeas, drained
– 1/4 cup aquafaba from the can (Chickpea water)
– 1/4 cup pickled beetroot juice
– 4 Tbsp Greek yogurt
– 1/4 cup tahini
– 1 garlic clove
– 1/2 tsp sea salt + more as needed
– freshly ground black pepper
– 1 tsp cumin
– chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
– Smoked Paprika, to garnish
1. In a food processor, place the chickpeas, aquafaba, beetroot pickled juice, yogurt, tahini, garlic, salt, pepper and cumin.
2. Process until completely smooth, 2 to 5 minutes. Depending on your food processor.
3. Season with pepper and more salt if needed.
4. Transfer to a serving dish, sprinkle with parsley & smoked paprika.
5. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
6. A great tip for a completely smooth hummus is to peel the skin of the cooked chickpeas and add cold liquids (aquafaba, pickled juice) to the hummus when processing, the cold liquid and citrus or vinegar will react to the fat in the tahini, making it extra velvety and creamy.
[su_note note_color=”#eeede9″]RECIPE BY CHEF JEENY MALTESE [/su_note]
Jeeny Maltese, a Latin-American born TV chef & food writer. Featuring as celebrity chef on the RTE “Today Show with Maura & Daithi” and Virgin Media “The Six O’Clock Show”. Keynote speaker and guest chef at top festivals & events nationwide. Passionate about good eating & good food, making it accessible for everyone, through her cooking methods and philosophy. Enamoured with Ireland’s stunning land, quality food produce & its passionate people.
You can catch up with Jeeny at all the top food festivals nationwide, doing live cookery demonstrations on stage and talks all over the country, from Taste of Dublin, Galway International Food Festival, Taste of Cavan, Savour Kilkenny and many more.
Follow Chef Jeeny Maltese on:
[su_button url=”https://www.facebook.com/JeenyMalteseChef/” background=”#3f52a4″ icon=”icon: facebook”]Jeeny Maltese[/su_button] [su_button url=”https://www.instagram.com/jeenymaltese/?hl=en” background=”#A78365″ icon=”icon: instagram”]Jeeny Maltese[/su_button] [su_button url=”https://twitter.com/jeeny_maltese/media” background=”#52a7ec” icon=”icon: twitter”]Jeeny Maltese[/su_button]