Overlooking the sea, The 1780 Restaurant at the Portmarnock Hotel is the perfect stage for Chef Tom Walsh to showcase his cuisine with an array of innovative dishes crafted using the finest local and seasonal ingredients – a style of cooking that recently earned the restaurant a prestigious 2 AA Rosettes for culinary excellence.
The award comes after the luxurious coastal resort was officially unveiled earlier following an extensive 18-month refurbishment and multi-million euro investment.
The menus that Walsh has created carefully demonstrates his exceptional skill in the kitchen and his appreciation for top quality, local produce. Attention to detail and precision in crafting exceptional dishes, both judging criteria of AA Rosette inspectors, shine through in the diverse menus served at the restaurant.
To celebrate being awarded 2 AA Rosettes, The 1780 Restaurant are offering you the chance to experience the magic of chef Tom Walsh’s cooking for yourself, with a 5 course dinner for two for just €70.
Read TheTaste review of the 1780 here.
– Fillet of Mackerel
Torched, Wasabi Yoghurt, Dashi Pickled Potato, Apple Gel
– Rare Tuna
Marinated In Soy, Lemon Miso, Pickled Ginger, Nori, Seaweed Dust
– Heritage Tomatoes
Saint Tola Goats Cheese, Walnuts, Beetroot, Tomato Infusion
– Boudin of Guinea Fowl
Shitake Mushrooms, Pan Fried Foie Gras, Perigourdine Sauce
– Terrine of Chicken
Baby Irish Leek & Foie Gras, Wrapped In Pancetta Pear Chutney
– Beef Tartare
Anchovy, Confit Yolk, Pickled Girolles, Celeriac Crisp
– John Dory, Cauliflower Puree
Ink Gel, Samphire, Baby Leeks, Chicory, Salted Cod Tortellini
– Roast Fillet of Cod
Tomato Fondue, Basil Cheese Crust, Courgette Flower, Fresh Broad Beans
– Black Angus Beef Rump
Burnt Baby Onions, Oyster Mushroom Puree, Fondant Potatoes, Deglazed Oyster Jus
– Lamb Noisette
Truffle Mousse, Braised Neck Croquette, Garlic Puree, Roast Artichoke, Girolles, Summer Truffle
– Thornhill Duck Breast
Buttered Leek, Crispy Morels, Celeriac Puree, Orange Jus & Rosemary Jus
Baby Beetroot, Potato Galette, Honey Roast Parsnip, Spinach Foam
– Peach Melba Sundae
Textures of Fresh Irish Peaches, Cobbler Biscuit, Peach and Vanilla Ice Cream, Raspberry Sauce
– Seasonal Cheesecake
Textures of Strawberries, Marinated and Dehydrated, Wexford Strawberry Sorbet, Strawberry Consommé
– Seaweed Guanaja Opera Cake
Layers of Valrhona Chocolates, Infused with Seaweed, Rich Chocolate Sorbet, Mascarpone Chantilly, Sea Buckthorn Gel
– Doughnuts and Dips
Warm Fennel Coated Doughnuts, Served with Lemon Curd, Caramel and Nutella Sauce
– Milk and Honey Verrine,
Rich Milk Panna Cotta, Honey Gel, Honeycomb, Milk Crisp and Milk Sorbet
– Cheese Selection
Selection of Five Cheeses, Cut Fruits, Honey, Crackers, Apple Puree
Portmarnock Hotel and Golf Links,
– Offer valid until September 30th 2017
– Menu is subject to change and availability
– Offer includes a 5 course dinner for two people from the TheTaste set menu
– Valid from Sunday to Thursday
– Advance Booking is essential to ensure you get your preferred date – It is advised to book on the day of purchase or at least two weeks in advance as there is limited availability.
– Reservations can be made via email only to 1780@Portmarnock.com (please ensure to provide your order number and your telephone number in the email)
– Telephone bookings & bookings made via Portmarnock Hotel website will not be accepted with this offer.
– The voucher must be mentioned at the time of booking and be presented on arrival in paper form.
– Offer is subject availability.
– One voucher redeemable for table of two people only – 2 vouchers may be used on request for table of four depending on availability.
– Voucher must be redeemed in full in one visit.
– Vouchers will not be valid or extended after their expiry date.
– Multiple vouchers may be purchased
– Not valid in conjunction with any other offer
– 24 hour cancellation notice required and valid on new bookings only