This is one of the hottest restaurants to open in the past 12 months and is getting huge praise from all the critics. Tom Doorley describes Amuse as the “Most Exciting Food in Dublin“. Today, we have secured an unbelievable dining offer, giving our readers the chance to try a 5 course tasting menu for 2 people priced at only €65. This is a taste we highly recommend and know you will experience something very special.
Ideally located on Dawson Street, just a stones throw from St. Stephen’s Green and Grafton Street, Amuse Restaurant is owned and operated by Conor Dempsey and his wife Joanna. Nestled within the hustle and bustle of one of Dublin’s busiest streets a relatively small dining room by Dublin standards, sets the stage for the kind of cooking you will not find anywhere else in Ireland.
Both Tom Doorley and TheTaste had the pleasure of sampling Conor Dempsey’s Amuse on Dawson Street. Tom popped in for a bit of lunchtime indulgence and we decided to try out the 5 course “Spring” Tasting menu priced at €65pp to get a true appreciation of all Amuse has to offer.
– Marinated Organic Salmon, Lardo, Apple, Kimizu
– Loin of Yellow Fin Tuna, Sudachi, Horseradish, Timur Pepper
– Atlantic Cod, Sushi Rice Cream, Yuzu, “Kamebishi” Soy
– Beef Cheek, Black Sesame, Black Fig, Jerusalem Artichoke
– Almond Milk, Coffee, Bergamot, Medjoul Date
Conor Dempsey is the head chef and owner at Amuse Restaurant. Conor has worked in the industry since the age of sixteen. He has trained in some of the finest kitchens such as Marco Pierre White in the three-Michelin Star Oak Room for two years before moving to France where he worked in the three-star La Côte Saint Jacques in Burgundy. This was followed by a two-year stint in the two star Le Jules Verne in Paris. Conor then made the decision to return Dublin and was head chef in La Mere Zou for two years and head chef in Dax for seven years. He left Dax last April to open his stunning restaurant Amuse.
– Valid from now until 30th November 2015
– Available Tuesday to Friday 6pm-9pm
– Advance booking is required by calling +353 1 639 4889 & please mention you have a Taste Voucher
– The voucher must be mentioned at the time of booking and be presented on arrival in paper form
– This voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion
– Any overspend on the day should be paid directly to the restaurant
– You must be over 18 years of age to purchase this offer
– Booking subject to availability