Barberstown Castle is one of the most luxurious and relaxing locations in the country with stunning scenery, beautifully landscaped gardens, roaring log fires and antique furniture and art throughout.
Barberstown Castle has managed to retain an elegance of design that spans over eight centuries by sympathetically blending its Victorian and Elizabethan extensions with the original Castle Battlement of 1288.
Head Chef Bertrand Malabat, originally from Bordeaux in France, will impress even the most discerning of diners with his new 6-Course Tasting menu. He specialises in game and fish dishes garnished with herbs from the hotel’s enclosed herb kitchen garden. The food is Irish country house dining with a French influence and has received numerous awards consistently.
There is also an extensive wine collection of over 100 bins with all world wines and a particular focus on French classical wines.
After dinner guests can retire to the Garden Bar and enjoy the open log fires, music and convivial company.
“The Barton Room is a venue with culinary ambition, and with a dining room filled with as many locals as hotel guests it is showing signs of developing a reputation as a stand-alone quality restaurant worth traveling for, a feat many hotel restaurants fail to manage.
It is little wonder that Eric Clapton fell in love with Barberstown, laying claim to it for a number of years before selling in 1987. As we gathered ourselves to begrudgingly leave, I thought to myself that dinner had indeed been wonderful tonight and left only with the regret that I wasn’t settling in for the night.” – Read our full review here
TheTaste and Barberstown Castle are giving readers the chance to savour their 6- Course Chef Tasting Menu for Two People for only €89.
– Voucher valid from now until 20th December 2018 and from 1st March to 30th April 2019
– Offers are subject to availability, terms and conditions apply
– Available Friday and Saturday only
– Menu is a Chef surprise and changes daily
– Multiple vouchers may be purchased and used
– Voucher may be purchased as a gift
– Advance booking essential
– Offer not valid 21st December up to and including 22nd February 2019
– Not valid in conjunction with any other offer
– Voucher must be mentioned at time of booking and be presented on arrival
– 72hr cancellation notice on bookings required
– Any additional extras will be paid on departure
– Any overspend must be paid directly to the hotel