Scholars Townhouse Hotel & Restaurant is located on King Street, Drogheda. A former residence for Christian Brothers who taught in local schools, this beautiful, late Victorian building was renovated by the McGowan Family in 2005. Indeed, it is one of the few independently owned hotels in the area. Scholars Townhouse Hotel was the Leinster Winner for Best Hotel Restaurant at the Irish Restaurant Awards 2014.
– You pay only €119 for a one-night stay at Scholars Townhouse Hotel, Drogheda, Co. Louth
– This includes a four course dinner plus a glass of wine each on arrival in the award-winning, fine dining Scholar’s restaurant
– Dine on a delicious breakfast each morning
– Winner of the Best Hotel Restaurant awarded by the Restaurants Association of Ireland
– The late Victorian building was renovated in 2005 into the fabulous boutique hotel it is today
You’ll be staying in the award-winning Scholars Townhouse Hotel located in Drogheda, Co. Louth. The grandiose building was established in the 1800s but has recently been renovated into a plush, boutique hotel by the McGowan family, who own and run it.
The rooms are tastefully decorated with modern and comfortable furnishings but with a hint of old-world charm.
The real star of the show is the fine dining restaurant in which you’ll be sitting down to a four course meal on one evening. The restaurant itself depicts hand-painted frescos illustrating the Battle of the Boyne. The romantic ambiance is complemented by the oak-paneled walls and gilded mirrors.
Scholar’s Restaurant has been awarded 2 AA Rosettes for Culinary Excellence and the talented team embraces a simple philosophy when it comes to food; by using seasonal ingredients, simple techniques, local produce and homemade breads they have created a stand-out dining experience. Take a look at what you’ll be dining on here.
Head to the elegant Gastrolounge for a taste of fine wines, craft beers, local whiskeys and barista style coffees.
Please read our review of Scholars Townhouse Hotel here.
Scholars Townhouse Hotel
P: 353 (0)41 9835410
– Available Sunday to Thursday from now until the 31st March 2017.
– Booking essential and is subject to availability.
– Offer excludes bank holidays, Christmas Day and St.Stephen’s Day.
– Maximum 3 vouchers per party
– Dinner valid for four course meal for 2 from a set menu which is subject to change and a glass of wine each in Scholar’s Restaurant