One of Dublin’s best kept secrets, Platform 61 offers imaginative food, elegant wines and extraordinary cocktails in the intimate surroundings of an underground hideaway on South William Street.
Their story is inspired by the adventure that is Track 61, an abandoned underground platform under the famous Waldorf Astoria hotel in New York. This platform allowed VIPs to enter the hotel in a more private manner via a specially built private golden lift. One of the most famous VIPs that frequently used the platform was Franklin D. Roosevelt. Legend has it that he’d drive off the train, onto the platform and straight into the especially made golden elevator, which would lead to the hotel’s garage. In 1965 the platform was used by the famous pop artist Andy Warhol for his ‘underground party’.
Today, the platform known as Track 61 has become the holy grail for New York’s urban explorers seeking to uncover its legend, lore and legacy. In turn, Platform 61 has become the go-to venue for Dublin’s social urbanites seeking only the best in dining experiences.
For Dine in Dublin, Platform 61 will be launching an exclusive Dine In Dublin 2017 Menu, only available from the 27th Feb – 5th March!
– You must book by email email@example.com or phone (087) 063 1330 and mention you have purchased the Dine in Dublin offer from TheTaste.ie
– Voucher valid for the Dine in Dublin Festival: 27th February to the 25th March 2017
– Cannot be combined with any other offers
– Voucher valid for 3 course meal for 2 at Platform 61
– Dinner is based on a sample menu
– Voucher must be printed & presented to restaurant on the night
– Overspend paid to restaurant
– Voucher subject to availability
– Menu subject to change and availability
– Multiple vouchers may be purchased