We are so proud to say that we have teamed up with Ely Wine Bar to bring you one of the most exciting taste experiences of the summer. With the new look ely unveiled, their extensive Wine List and the best of Irish Food, we think this is one night out that can’t be missed.
Since 1999 Ely Wine Bar has been Ireland’s leading wine bar, with multiple national and international awards, having once again been recognised with the Best of Award of Excellence 2019 by Wine Spectator for having one of the best restaurant wine lists in the world. They are constantly exploring the world of wine and matching it with great Irish produce. Earlier this year they completely reimagined the wine bar with an incredible makeover. As well as a very stylish basement bar and dining area they have a beautiful, Georgian private dining room on the ground floor. Their multi award winning wine list is complemented with excellent cocktails and beers and they are fully committed to food provenance, always delivering fresh, flavoursome Irish food. All the beef, pork and lamb is locally sourced. Everything, including fresh, locally caught seafood and fresh vegetables, is prepared inhouse daily. Their menus include lunch, early bird, dinner and the very popular bar-bites offering, perfect for popping in for, in true wine bar style.
Enjoy house cured Irish salmon or Toonsbridge burrata with tomatoes from Mathew Flynn in Swords to start. To follow why not indulge in a succulent, grass fed, pure Irish rib-eye steak, flame-grilled to perfection or enjoy a Thornhill confit duck leg served with a delicious potato gnocchi. Market fish or the vegetarian baked celeriac dishes are equally tasty. Finish off with a burnt honey cheesecake or a Pedro Ximénez sherry & vanilla ice cream.
To celebrate the new look Ely Wine Bar TheTaste are delighted to offer our readers the chance to enjoy…
– 3 course dinner for 2 people
– A bottle of Red or White Wine or as Ely are the wines-by-the-glass experts feel free to enjoy both wines by having a glass of each, as, at Ely, they pour four glasses to the bottle. (See Wines Selected below)
Whatever you choose you’ll love the two wines that Ely have selected.
Chateau Canon la Foret Bordeaux Superieur, France 2016 – Effortlessly charming red Bordeaux from a cracker of a vintage. Medium bodied with an abundance of fruit- fresh plum, cherry and blackberry, with soft tannins and a juicy finish.
Pieropan Soave Classico, Veneto, Italy 2018 – An iconic name in Italian wine, almost single-handedly responsible for rejuvenation of Soave. Fresh apple and pear fruit, lightly floral and with a subtle, almond nuttiness on the finish.
Just some of the awards ely has achieved…
“Ely offers the greatest wines from the world’s greatest winemakers on one of the finest wine lists in the world. But it also offers great wines at fair prices, and they are served by the funkiest crew of wine buffs you have ever met…” ~ McKennas’ Guides awards Ely 100 Best Restaurants in Ireland
Ely Bar & Grill wins 1st place in Best Wine Bars in Ireland “Ely is the class-leading, category-defining exemplar. A superb food offering to match every wine on the extensive and adventurous wine list…” ~ The Sunday Business Post, Best Wine Bar in Ireland
“This restaurant is honoured by Wine Spectator for having one of the most outstanding restaurant wine lists in the world” ~ Wine Spectator Best of Award of Excellence
– Please mention you have TheTaste Voucher when booking and voucher must be presented on arrival
– Booking is essential. If a particular date is unavailable then an alternative date will be offered
– This taste experience is valid from now until September 14th 2019
– Available Monday to Saturday from booking from 5-7pm with a 2 hour dining window, tables must be returned by 9pm
– Voucher valid only at Ely Wine Bar on 22 Ely Place
– This offer for dinner bookings only
– Wine credit of €30 can be put towards a different wine or cocktails of your choice
– Please note there is a supplement on ribeye of €8
ely wine bar
22 Ely Place,