Here at TheTaste we are honoured to bring you this tempting offer from two legends in the food world. The story of food is the story of friendship. When you combine Irish conviviality with the irrepressible Italian nature, it’s always going to be a good thing. Chefs Ross Lewis and Luciano Tona have been friends through Michelin starred food, and tall tales, for many years. At Osteria Lucio they unite their love of Irish and Italian food with the very best of produce, from both countries.
With great knowledge comes the ability to simplify. Sharing different food cultures means this deceptive simplification creates new and exciting dishes. The cooking at Osteria Lucio brings together new marriages of butchery, vegetables and fruits, all of which have made a long journey from planting to the kitchen. This is slow-grown food from the Italian and Irish terroir, slow-grown so you can taste the layers of flavours. New food friendships have been made with jewel coloured Italian vegetables and Irish grown greens, all from their regular suppliers.
Nestled underneath the arches at the Malting Tower on Grand Canal Dock, the team at Lucio’s will treat you to one of the most authentic Italian experiences in Dublin, with a delectable four-course dinner for two and a carafe of Italian wine. The menu focuses on seasonal dishes and includes some of Lucio’s classics, such as pasta with ragù, mortadella meatballs, ricotta gnocchi and wood-roasted olives.
A four course dinner for two from the menu below and a 500ml Carafe of House Wine for Two People valid until 31st March 2017.
– Wood Roasted olives, with orange, rosemary, chilli and garlic
– Parmigiana of Aubergine, Parmesan and tomato sauce
– Braised octopus in a rich red wine sauce served on herbed-crushed potatoes
– Mortadella meatballs with Mediterranean sauce
– Handmade ricotta gnocchi with seasonal wild mushrooms and sage
– Market fish with sautéed cannellini beans, guanciale, chilli
– Pappardelle with pork short-rib ragù, parsley and pecorino cheese.
Any of the following pizza
With spicy salami, honey, chilli, tomato & basil
With mozzarella, grilled courgettes, mushrooms; green olives, Parmesan
With spicy salami, Toonsbridge ricotta & mozzarella
With capers, spicy olives, smoked scamorza, grilled courgettes, ‘nduja
– QUATTRO FORMAGGI
Mozzarella, Smoked scamorza, Irish caciocavallo, taleggio
– Blood orange Pannacotta with poached rhubarb, honeycomb and mint
– Chocolate salami with walnuts, amaretto and whipped cream
The Malting Tower
Gran Canal Quay
T: 01 662 4199
– Must be over 18 to purchase
– Advanced booking is essential by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
– Please contact the restaurant ahead and advise you are holding a TheTaste voucher.
– Please bring your printed TheTaste voucher on arrival
– All menus are subject to change due to availability.
– Vouchers will be redeemable from 12th February to 31st March 2017
– All bookings are subject to availability
– Vouchers cannot be combined with any other offer
– Valid Sunday to Wednesday included (VALENTINE DAY EXCLUDED – does not apply on Valentine’s Day)
– Only 1 Vouchers per booking/table and Last booking 21:00
– The offer will be for a 4-course meal for 2 people and includes a 500ml carafe of house wine.
– Please contact the restaurant directly for any dietary requirements