Michelin Star Restaurant l’Ecrivain is one of the very best restaurants in Ireland, Derry and Sallyanne Clarke have been delivering exciting cuisine and unforgettable dining experiences in their Baggot Street restaurant for the last 30 years. This award-winning restaurant with an attractive terrace, a glitzy bar and many private dining options delivers a balanced menu with classical french foundations whilst also displaying touches of modern flair.
TheTaste are delighted to give our readers the chance to Experience a Magical Michelin Evening at l’Ecrivain with a 6 Course Tasting Menu for Two People for only €100. This offer is available from 13th Jan to 27th Feb 2020, on Monday to Thursday nights. There is a complimentary glass of prosecco offered to guests who dine in January 2020.
If there is one restaurant to treat yourself to in 2020 this is the offer we would highly recommend.
Derry & Sallyanne Clarke are humbled, delighted and very honoured to receive The Hall of Fame Award 2019 from The Good Eating Guide.
Dublin born Derry trained in the classical French tradition in the Man Friday in Kinsale. He came home to Dublin to continue his training under the direction of John Howard in Le Coq Hardi for four years. He then spent eight years as Head Chef in le Bon Appetit restaurant, where his aspirations were always to open a place of his own.
Derry and Sallyanne married in 1987 and opened l’Ecrivain Restaurant in July 1989. They have had several transformations and now l’Ecrivain stands on the site of two old Georgian Coach Houses/Mews in its own charming courtyard.
Over 30 years on, l’Ecrivain is going from strength to strength.
All the team at l’Ecrivain look forward to welcoming you.
Cured Clare Island Salmon
Watercress, Apple, Horseradish
Jerusalem Artichoke, Brussel Sprouts, Chestnuts, Truffle Sauce
Aged Irish Beef
Salsify, Celeriac, Potato Rosti, Brussels Sprouts
Poached Pear, Chocolate & Caramel Ganache, Pear Sorbet, Candied Pecan
Tea / Coffee & Petits Fours
Address: 109a Lower Baggot Street, Dublin 2
– Valid from 13th January 2020 to 27th February 2020 – Monday to Thursday – vouchers MUST be redeemed within the validity dates.
– This voucher, valued at €170, can be redeemed towards the Six Course Tasting Menu only.
– A complimentary glass of prosecco will be offered to guests redeeming this offer in January 2020.
– Advance Booking is essential to ensure you get your preferred date- It is advised to book on the day of purchase or at least one weeks in advance as there is limited availability. Monday 20th January and Thursday 13th February 2020 are excluded from this offer as they have already been reserved for private events.
– Reservations can be made via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org (please ensure to provide your voucher code and your telephone number in the email along with the preferred date and time)
– Telephone bookings will not be accepted with this offer.
– This voucher can be used on the dates above ONLY.
– This voucher is not redeemable on Fridays or Saturdays. The restaurant is closed on Sundays & Bank Holiday Mondays.
– Not available to be used at lunchtimes.
– A hard copy of the voucher is not required.
– One voucher redeemable for table of two people only – 2 vouchers may be used on request for table of four depending on availability.
– Voucher must be redeemed in full in one visit.
– Wine not included with this offer.
– A 12.5% gratuity will be added to full value of the voucher (€170) and any extras ordered on the night.
– Vouchers will not be valid or extended after their expiry date.