Summer has arrived, and with it a wealth of beautiful seasonal produce, to celebrate l’Ecrivain are delighted to offer TheTaste readers our wonderful Seasonal Menu for only €75 for two people. We look forward to seeing you – Derry, Sallyanne & all the Team @ l’Ecrivain.
Today’s offer is your chance to dine in l’Ecrivain and experience 3 courses from their Summer Dinner Menu with tea or coffee and petit fours for 2 people for only €75, normally priced at €150.
TheTaste are very proud to be partnering Michelin Star Restaurant l’Ecrivain. One of the very best restaurants in Ireland, Derry and Sallyanne have been delivering exciting cuisine and unforgettable dining experiences in their Baggot Street restaurant over the past 27 years, and all with personal service like no other.
Can’t dine at l’Ecrivain in August? Dine at the restaurant this July with our July offer for a 3 Course Dinner for Two People for €75.
Seared, Parfait, Spiced Mango, Coriander, Brioche
Grapes, Chervil, Peach, Cucumber, Almonds
Wild Mushroom Broth
Confit Egg Yolk, Celeriac, Goats Cheese Agnolotti, Summer Truffle
Cured Clare Island Salmon
Beetroot, Apple, Buttermilk, Dill, Horseradish
Asparagus, Mousseron, Langoustine, Herb Butter
Aged Wicklow Lamb
Aubergine, Milk Curd, Artichoke, Lamb Jus
Charred Wye Valley Asparagus
Egg Purée, Morels, Wild Garlic, Mushroom Essence
Peas, Morels, Wild Garlic, Roasting Jus
Irish Farmhouse Cheese
Chutney, Crackers, Baguette
Chocolate Moelleux, Praline Mousse, Hazelnut Ice Cream
Pistachio Cream, Raspberries, Sorbet, Red Velvet Sponge
Mille Feuille, Mint, Vanilla Ice Cream
Tea / Coffee & Petits Fours
Dublin born Derry trained in the classical French tradition in the Man Friday in Kinsale. He came home to Dublin to continue his training under the direction of John Howard in Le Coq Hardi for four years. He then spent eight years as Head Chef in le Bon Appetit restaurant, where his aspirations were always to open a place of his own.
Derry and Sallyanne married in 1987 and opened l’Ecrivain Restaurant in July 1989. They have had several transformations and now l’Ecrivain stands on the site of two old Georgian Coach Houses/Mews in its own charming courtyard.
Over 27 years on, l’Ecrivain is going from strength to strength.
All the team at l’Ecrivain look forward to welcoming you.
Address: 109a Lower Baggot Street, Dublin 2
– This voucher, valued at €150, can be redeemed towards the Seasonal Menu ONLY
– Valid from 3rd July 2017 – 31st July 2017 (Monday to Thursday) – vouchers MUST be redeemed within the validity dates.
– Advance Booking is essential to ensure you get your preferred date- It is advised to book on the day of purchase or at least two weeks in advance as there is limited availability.
– Reservations can be made via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org (please ensure to provide your order number and your telephone number in the email)
– Telephone bookings & bookings made via l’Ecrivain website will not be accepted with this offer.
– This voucher can be used on the dates above ONLY.
– This voucher is not redeemable on Fridays or Saturdays. The restaurant is closed on Sundays & Bank Holiday Mondays.
– Not available to be used at lunchtimes.
– One voucher redeemable for table of two people only – 2 vouchers may be used on request for table of four depending on availability.
– Voucher must be redeemed in full in one visit.
– Wine not included with this offer.
– A 12.5% gratuity will be added to full value of the voucher (€150) and any extras ordered on the night.
– Vouchers will not be valid or extended after their expiry date.