TheTaste are very proud to be partnering Michelin Star Restaurant l’Ecrivain. One of the very best restaurants in Ireland, Derry and Sallyanne have been delivering exciting cuisine and unforgettable dining experiences in their Baggot Street restaurant over the past 27 years, and all with personal service like no other.
L’Ecrivain offers a delectable lunch experience on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday each week, allowing you to indulge in exquisite cuisine at midday. Today’s offer is your chance to enjoy a Michelin star lunch in l’Ecrivain for 2 courses (starter & main course or main course & dessert) for 2 people for only €50, normally priced at €70.
If there is one restaurant to treat yourself to in 2017 this is the offer we would highly recommend.
– Cured Clare Island Salmon
Tartare, Radish, Miso, Yuzu
Butternut Squash, Walnut, Blue Cheese
– Foie Gras
Fermented Plum, Pain d’Epices, Parfait
–Roast Atlantic Cod
Cauliflower, Grapes, Mussels, Caper, Mussel Sauce
– Aged Beef
Onion Purée, Yellow Chanterelles, Shallots, Watercress
– Pan-Seared Chicken
Jerusalem Artichoke, Roscoff Onion, Smoked Butter Sauce
Vanilla, Poached Champagne Rhubarb, Tuile, Yoghurt Ice Cream
–Irish & French Farmhouse Cheese
Chutney, Crackers, Baguette
Mille Feuille, Blood Orange Purée, Sorbet
Dublin born Derry trained in the classical French tradition in the Man Friday in Kinsale. He came home to Dublin to continue his training under the direction of John Howard in Le Coq Hardi for four years. He then spent eight years as Head Chef in le Bon Appetit restaurant, where his aspirations were always to open a place of his own.
Derry and Sallyanne married in 1987 and opened l’Ecrivain Restaurant in July 1989. They have had several transformations and now l’Ecrivain stands on the site of two old Georgian Coach Houses/Mews in its own charming courtyard.
Over 27 years on, l’Ecrivain is going from strength to strength.
All the team at l’Ecrivain look forward to welcoming you.
Address: 109a Lower Baggot Street, Dublin 2
– This voucher, valued at €70, can be redeemed towards the Lunch Menu only. above is a sample menu subject to change.
– Offer is subject to availability
– Valid from Wednesday February 1st 2017 to Tuesday March 14th 2017 (Wednesday, Thursdays & Fridays) – vouchers MUST be redeemed within the validity dates. The restaurant opens for lunch Wednesday to Friday.
– Advance Booking is essential to ensure you get your preferred date – It is advised to book on the day of purchase or at least two weeks in advance as there is limited availability.
– Reservations can be made via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org (please ensure to provide your order number and your telephone number in the email)
– Telephone bookings & bookings made via l’Ecrivain website will not be accepted with this offer.
– This voucher can be used on the dates above ONLY.
– This voucher is not redeemable for dinner.
– One voucher redeemable for table of two people only – 2 vouchers may be used on request for table of four depending on availability.
– Voucher must be redeemed in full in one visit.
– Wine not included with this offer.
– A 12.5% gratuity will be added to full value of the voucher (€70) and any extras ordered on the day.
– Vouchers will not be valid or extended after their expiry date.