Michelin Star Restaurant l’Ecrivain is one of the very best restaurants in Ireland, Derry and Sallyanne Clarke have been delivering exciting cuisine and unforgettable dining experiences in their Baggot Street restaurant for the last 30 years. This award-winning restaurant with an attractive terrace, a glitzy bar and many private dining options delivers a balanced menu with classical french foundations whilst also displaying touches of modern flair.
TheTaste are delighted to give our readers the chance to Experience a Magical Michelin Evening at l’Ecrivain with a 6 Course Tasting Menu for Two People for only €100. This offer is available all Summer, from 2nd July – 12th September 2019, on Tuesday to Thursday nights.
If you reserve a table on a Tuesday or Wednesday night in July 2019, you will receive a complimentary glass of Prosecco on arrival.
If there is one restaurant to treat yourself to in 2019 this is the offer we would highly recommend.
[su_note note_color=”#ffffff”]About Derry & Sallyanne Clarke[/su_note]
Derry & Sallyanne Clarke are humbled, delighted and very honoured to receive The Hall of Fame Award 2019 from The Good Eating Guide.
Dublin born Derry trained in the classical French tradition in the Man Friday in Kinsale. He came home to Dublin to continue his training under the direction of John Howard in Le Coq Hardi for four years. He then spent eight years as Head Chef in le Bon Appetit restaurant, where his aspirations were always to open a place of his own.
Derry and Sallyanne married in 1987 and opened l’Ecrivain Restaurant in July 1989. They have had several transformations and now l’Ecrivain stands on the site of two old Georgian Coach Houses/Mews in its own charming courtyard.
Over 30 years on, l’Ecrivain is going from strength to strength.
All the team at l’Ecrivain look forward to welcoming you.
[su_note note_color=”#ffffff”]The Restaurant[/su_note]
[su_note note_color=”#ffffff”]The Food[/su_note]
[su_note note_color=”#ffffff”]Sample Menu[/su_note]
Clare Island Cured Salmon
Radish, Orange, Herb Salad
Broccoli, Broad Beans, Samphire, Mussels
Aged Carlow Lamb
Rump, Gnocchi, Aubergine Caviar, Anchovies, Tomato
Raspberry Sorbet, White Chocolate Mousse, Genoise
Tea / Coffee & Petits Fours
[su_note note_color=”#ffffff”]Map & Location[/su_note]
[su_gmap address=”l’Ecrivain Restaurant, Baggot Street, Dublin 2″]
Address: 109a Lower Baggot Street, Dublin 2
[su_note note_color=”#ffffff”]Terms & Conditions[/su_note]
– This taste experience is valued at €170, can only be redeemed towards the Six Course Tasting Dinner Menu.
– Valid from 2nd July – 12th September 2019 – Tuesday to Thursday – vouchers must be redeemed within the validity dates.
– Please note the restaurant will be closed from August 5th – August 12th inclusive.
– If you reserve on any Tuesday or Wednesday in July during the offer period, you will receive a complimentary glass of Prosecco on arrival.
– Advance Booking is essential to ensure you get your preferred date and we advise to book on the day of purchase.
– Reservations can be made via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org (please ensure to provide your voucher code and your telephone number in the email along with the preferred date and time)
– Telephone bookings will not be accepted with this offer.
– A hard copy of the voucher is not required.
– One voucher redeemable for table of two people only – 2 vouchers may be used on request for table of four depending on availability.
– Voucher must be redeemed in full in one visit.
– Wine not included with this offer.
– A 12.5% gratuity will be added to full value of the voucher (€170) and any extras ordered on the night.
– Vouchers will not be valid or extended after their expiry date.