Celebrating its 40th Anniversary this year Marlfield House has long been regarded as one of the most celebrated country house hotels in Ireland. Located outside Gorey in Co. Wexford, and just one hour south of Dublin, Marlfield built its reputation on its food, much of which is grown in their extensive kitchen gardens and sourced in the locality.
As you would expect from a Relais & Chateaux and Blue Book property, Marlfield is a beautifully restored house and is also a culinary destination in itself. The classical cooking showcases the finest local and seasonal ingredients including Duncannon seafood, Slaney Valley lamb and Wexford berries in the award winning fine dining Conservatory Restaurant.
Surrounded by sparkling silver, flowers and overlooking the manicured lawns, dinner in the romantic Conservatory Restaurant is a classical dining experience steeped in elegance.
In celebration of its 40th Anniversary Marlfield is offering exclusively to The Taste readers the chance to experience this exquisite culinary destination including a 3 course dinner for two with a bottle of wine for €82.
Smoked Haddock & Leek Risotto
Scallop, Caper, Parsley
Glazed Pork Belly
Celeriac, Apple, Sage
Toons Bridge Haloumi
Asparagus Spears, Beetroot, Rocket, Thyme Crumble
Tempura Prawn, Beetroot Cream, Confit Lemon Crispy Skin
Pan Fried Hake
Spinach, Pickled Artichokes, Carrot, Dill & Caper Beurre Blanc
Butternut Squash, Goats Cheese, Almond
Roasted Guinea Fowl
Creamed Mushroom Duxelle, Thyme, Black Pudding Croquette, Sherry Tarragon Veloute
Seared Rump of Slaney Lamb
Glazed Lamb Shoulder, Baby Carrot, Savoy Cabbage
All Main Courses served with Creamed Potato
Glazed Lemon Tart
Meringue, Raspberry, Popping Candy
Vanilla Yogurt Panna Cotta
Wexford Strawberries, Honey Comb, Shortbread Biscuit
Marlfield Rhubarb Cheesecake
Compote Rhubarb, Rhubarb & Ginger Sorbet
– Vouchers are valid for a 3 course dinner menu with a bottle of wine in the Conservatory Restaurant only
– Valid by prior reservation from now until 30th September 2018, when the restaurant is open:
Conservatory Opening Times: May, June and September: Thursday to Saturday, July to August Wednesday through to Sunday
– Reservations must be made in advance and the specific offer on The Taste and the Voucher Number must be mentioned at time of booking
– Reservations may be made by either
1) Emailing email@example.com with a request to which Marlfield House will respond (please ensure to provide your order number and your telephone number in the email)
2) Telephoning 053 9421124 and dialling 3
– Vouchers must be presented on arrival
– There is no service charge, gratuity at your own discretion
– There will be a choice of 4 wines offered
– Booking is subject to availability
– Menu is subject to seasonal change and garden produce availability, the menu above is a sample
– While accommodation is not included in this offer, you can book your room at Marlfield House by visiting www.marlfieldhouse.com or call 053 9421124.