Marlfield House has long been regarded as one of the most celebrated country house hotels in Ireland. Located outside Gorey in Co. Wexford, and just one hour south of Dublin, Marlfield built its reputation on its food, much of which is grown in their extensive kitchen gardens and sourced in the locality.
As you would expect from a Relais & Chateaux and Blue Book property, Marlfield is a beautifully restored house and is also a culinary destination in itself. The classical cooking showcases the finest local and seasonal ingredients including Duncannon seafood, Slaney Valley lamb and Wexford berries in the award winning fine dining Conservatory Restaurant.
Surrounded by sparkling silver, flowers and overlooking the manicured lawns, dinner in the romantic Conservatory Restaurant is a classical dining experience steeped in elegance.
Marlfield is offering exclusively to The Taste readers the chance to experience this exquisite culinary destination including a 3 course dinner for two with a bottle of wine for €86.
Glazed Pork Belly
Celeriac Apple Puree, Crispy Black Pudding, Confit Garden Apple, Rosemary Orange Oil
Grilled Asparagus Spears
Poached free range egg, Hollandaise Sauce, Garden Spinach, Sourdough Croute, Dressed garden leaves
Ham Hock Terrine
Crispy Brioche, Pickled Carrot, Shallot, Tarragon Aioli, Dressed Leaves, Celeriac Remoulade
Grilled Fillet of Plaice
Parmesan Herb Polenta, Prawn & Crayfish Bisque, Confit Lemon & Garden Herb Oil
Pan Fried Cod
Tender Stem Broccoli, Roasted Cauliflower, Mussels & Herb Beurre Blanc
Wild Mushroom Open Ravioli
Feta, Spinach, Onion, White Wine, Herb Truffle Oil
Roasted Guinea Fowl Supreme
Creamed Cabbage Pancetta, Chicken, Black Pudding Pithivier, Sauté Broad Beans, Pearl Onion Jus
Oven Roasted Rump of Slaney Lamb
Spiced Tomato Puree, Saute Asparagus Spear, Goats Cheese, Red Pepper Croquette, Black Olive Tomato Mint Salsa, Thyme Jus
All Main Courses served with Creamed Potato
Vanilla Yoghurt Panacotta
Poached Garden Rhubarb, Shortbread Biscuit
Glazed Lemon Tart
Italian Meringue, Vanilla Ice-Cream, Lemon Curd & Fresh Raspberries
Bread & Butter Pudding
Rum & Raisin Ice-cream
– Vouchers are valid for a 3 course dinner menu with a bottle of wine in the Conservatory Restaurant only
– Valid by prior reservation from now until the end of November for use on Friday and Saturday nights and for lunch on Sundays
– Reservations may be made by either:
1) Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with a request to which Marlfield House will respond (please ensure to provide your order number & your telephone number in the email)
2) Telephoning 053 9421124 and dialling 3
– Vouchers must be presented on arrival
– There is no service charge, gratuity at your own discretion
– There will be a choice of 4 wines offered
– Booking is subject to availability
– Menu is subject to seasonal change and garden produce availability, the menu above is a sample
– While accommodation is not included in this offer, you can book your room at Marlfield House by visiting www.marlfieldhouse.com or call 053 9421124.