The Shelbourne Hotel is delighted to welcome Kirsty Loftus, Brand Ambassador for Ramon Bilbao wines, for an exclusive dinner on Wednesday May 31st, showcasing some of the finest wines from the Spanish family owned winery based in Haro, the traditional heart of DOC Rioja.
A five course tasting dinner menu created by Executive Head Chef Garry Hughes, each course will be accompanied by an impeccably paired glass of Ramon Bilbao wine and introduced by Kirsty with her breadth of knowledge on this both traditional and modern styled wine producer.
Experience the opportunity to taste, side by side, Ramon Bilbao’s finest wines and The Saddle Room’s bespoke tasting menu, an evening beginning with a welcome reception at 6:30pm followed by dinner a 7:00pm.
The five-course tasting menu in The Saddle Room at The Shelbourne costs €79 per person including welcome reception and matching wine with each course
– Chilled Tomato Consommé
– House Cured Castletownbere Salmon
Pickled Lusk Cucumber, Smoked Natural Yoghurt, Liscannor Crab
– Torchon of Foie Gras
Red Onion Marmalade, Baby Brioche
– Braised Short Rib of Sheelin Beef
Celeriac, Onion Soubise
– Bellingham Blue Cheese
Soaked in Ramon Bilbao Reserva Rioja
– Chocolate Dome
Salted Caramel & Chocolate Mousse, Raspberry Insert
– Chef’s selection of Petit Fours
– Mar del Frades, Brut Nature
– Ramon Bilbao Rueda Verdejo
– Mar del Frades Albarino
– Cruz de Alba, Ribera del Duero
– Ramon Bilbao Reserva Rioja
– Mirto, 2012
The Shelbourne Dublin
A Renaissance Hotel
27 St.Stephen’s Green
Ramón Bilbao is the wine division of a Spanish family-owned spirits company (Zamora International).Our winery is based in Haro the traditional heart of DOC Rioja.
We are known for our fresh approach to making Rioja, creating wines that are both modern in style whilst respecting traditional values. We also own wineries in the following Spanish wine growing areas: DO Rias Baixas, DO Ribera del Duero and DO Rueda.
We have a strong presence in the domestic market, where our Ramón Bilbao Crianza is the best -selling Crianza in Spain.
I joined Ramón Bilbao, just over 2 years ago and represent the company, as Export Manager in both Ireland and the UK. My previous role was with Codorníu (another Spanish wine company), where I worked in a sales and marketing role for 8 years, My journey into the wonderful world of wine started at university where I studied for an MSC and completed a dissertation into the dynamics of the UK Wine Market.
From there I have experienced the whole breadth of the trade including Sales, Marketing and Fine Wine Broking. Previous companies have included: Justerini & Brooks, Berry Bros & Rudd and Harrods. I am qualified with the WSET Wine Diploma and am constantly expanding my wine knowledge about Spanish wines, with regular meetings and tastings with our winemaking team.
A key part of my job, is explaining the story of the wine and, of course, opening the bottles and hopefully sharing the magic with new customers.
Kirsty Loftus – Ramón Bilbao Wines UK & Ireland Export Manager
– This is a once off ticketed/ pre-booking event.
– Your name will be added to the guest list on the night, so no need to print your ticket.
– Your ticket can only be used on Wednesday May 31st 2017.
– You must be over 18 years to attend this event.
– The evening begins with a welcome reception at 6:30pm followed by dinner in The Saddle Room Restaurant at 7:00pm
– Cannot be combined with any other promotion.
– Each ticket is for a 5 course tasting menu with wine pairings for one person.
– As this is a live event, no refunds will be given following the event.
– Multiple tickets may be purchased.