The Shelbourne continues its vibrant and sparkling tribute celebrating a fine old tradition with The Shelbourne Oyster Festival 2017.
Drawing on the talents of Shelbourne staff – award-winning sommelier Nisea Doddy’s sophisticated wine pairings with oysters, and Executive Head Chef Garry Hughes’ polished and delicious menus, blended with the best oyster selection in the country.
On Friday 1st of September at 7pm, The Shelbourne invites you to sample The Oyster Festival’s opening night with a fantastic 6 course Oyster Festival tasting dinner menu for €69 per person or including wine pairings from their Sommelier for €95 per person.
Chilled Carlingford Oysters
Champagne & Kelly’s Wild Native Oyster Velouté
Saddle Room Fish Pie
Harty’s Rock Oyster
Seared Fillet of Halibut
Clarenbridge Oyster Tempura, Oyster Beurre Blanc
Salted Caramel & Chocolate Mousse, Raspberry Insert
Chef’s Selection of Petit Fours
Tea and Coffee
6 Course Tasting Dinner Menu for €69 per person or €95 per person with wine pairing
The annual Oyster Festival at The Shelbourne runs throughout the first two weeks in September giving oyster lovers the opportunity to enjoy the country’s finest selection of oysters with daily festival menus and an oyster ritual with live music to open and close the festival on Friday September 1st and Sunday September 17th.
Adding to the glamour and bustle of this always-busy grand dame, the Oyster Festival at The Shelbourne will give oyster-lovers of all levels the opportunity to enjoy the country’s finest at their peak of perfection.
For more Information visit www.shelbournedining.ie.
Named after The Shelbourne’s historic dining room, The Saddle Room, recently awarded the 2017 RAI Best Hotel Restaurant in Dublin award, is an old favourite reinvented as a modern steak and seafood restaurant, with a lavish oyster bar. Created to inspire the senses – the sights and sounds of the open kitchen, the soft touch of leather banquettes, dark oak walls and rich splashes of gold combine to offer a unique dining experience.
The Shelbourne Dublin
A Renaissance Hotel
27 St.Stephen’s Green
– This is a ticketed/ pre-booking event.
– Your ticket can only be used on Friday 1st of September 2017
– Your name will be added to the guest list on the night, so no need to print your ticket.
– The event will start at 7pm
– Cannot be combined with any other promotion
– Each €69 ticket is for a 6 course tasting dinner menu only, for one person.
– Each €95 ticket is for a 6 course tasting dinner menu, with wine pairings, for one person.
– As this is a live event, no refunds will be given following the event.
– Multiple tickets may be purchased.