Dublin Bar Academy is a training facility founded by proven industry leaders, who have a passion for spreading the word about anything made from grape, grain or bean.
The Dublin Bar Academy was set up in 2012 by Richard Linden and Ronan Rogerson to give young and aspiring bartenders the training they need to step behind any bar in the world with confidence. Having worked in the industry for a combined 30 years, they realised that there was a genuine demand for higher standards in training and education.
Read TheTaste interview with Richard Linden here.
Wine and Spirits Education Trust (WSET) courses are the gold standard in wine education, recognised globally in the restaurant and bar industry. As the only facility of its kind delivering in-house WSET training, Dublin Bar Academy has enlisted leading industry professionals to provide an exceptional course in relaxed surroundings in the heart of Dublin.
We are very proud to be partnering with the team at Dublin Bar Academy, and are delighted to offer TheTaste readers an exclusive offer: a place on The Dublin Bar Academy WSET Level 3 Award in Wines Course for just €599, usually priced at €749.
Sommelier and WSET educator Anke fell in love with wines during her time working as a chef in Germany and moved from there to a career as a Sommelier. She has worked in some of the finest Michelin stared establishments in Switzerland, England, Germany and Ireland, including the Cliff House in Ardmore. For more then 12 years, Anke has been working as a Sommelier and holds the WSET Diploma Level 4 Qualification.
A 10 week course leading to internationally recognised WSET Level 3 Award in Wines, on successful completion of written & tasting examinations.
This Level is a good step up from Level 2, gives more comprehensive coverage of the diverse world of wines with a deeper focus on tasting technique.
Qualification: You are required to pass a closed book examination, comprising 2 units.
Duration: 10 weeks every Tuesday evening
Dates: 27th March 2018 – 5th June 2018
Time: Time: 6.00pm – 10.00pm
– Natural factors in the vineyard that influence style, quality and price
– Human factors in the vineyard that influence style, quality and price
– Human factors in the winery that influence style, quality and price
– Principal still wine producing regions in the world
– Key factors that influence style, quality and price of the principal still wines of the world
– Principal Sparkling wines of the world
– Key factors that influence style, quality and price of sparkling wines
– Principal fortified wines of the world
– Key factors that influence style, quality and price of fortified wines Making wine recommendations
– Common faults
– Principles of food and wine pairing
– Social and health issues
Accurately describe the key characteristics of any principal still wine of theworld and use the description to make an assessment of quality and anassessment of readiness for drinking.
– You must book by email firstname.lastname@example.org and mention you have purchased TheTaste offer
– You must be over 18 to purchase
– This offer cannot be combined with any other promotion
– Level 3 course begins 27th March 2018 and classes will be held every Tuesday thereafter for 10 weeks
– No refunds without seven days notice of chosen dates
– It is recommended (although not mandatory) that candidates should be at WSET Level 2 before embarking on this course.
– Candidates should be over 18 years of age.