Pumpkin Soup Recipe by Siúcra
Siúcra knows the importance of using seasonal produce to create delicious dishes for you, your family and friends and at this time of year pumpkins are widely available. As the days shorten and a noticeable winter chill hits the air, there is nothing more comforting than a hot and wholesome bowl of soup. Warm hungry tummies this winter with Siúcra’s hearty pumpkin soup, which is the perfect seasonal starter that can be stored in the fridge and reheated for a fast and easy meal.
– 2 tsp oil
– 2 tsp Siúcra light golden brown sugar
– 1 tbsp curry powder
– 500g diced pumpkin flesh
– 1 onion diced
– 1 litre vegetable stock
– 200ml cream
– Salt and pepper
– 100g finely shredded leek
– 1 capsicum pepper – cut into strips
– 1 carrot -c ut into strips
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the curry powder and brown sugar. Add the pumpkin and onion and fry lightly
2. Add the stock, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.
3. Remove the pumpkin and onion from the saucepan and liquidise them with some of the stock. Add the liquidised vegetables back to the stock. Add the cream and heat gently.
4. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into bowls and garnish with leek, capsicum and carrot.
[su_note note_color=”#eeede9″]RECIPE BY SIUCRA[/su_note]