This quinoa chicken recipe with poached egg was created by Business Development Chef Simon Hudson from Pallas Foods.
– 60g quinoa
– 5ml olive oil
– 300ml chicken stock, reserved if needed
– 60g chicken, diced
– 1g corriander, chopped
– 10g baby spinach
– 5g shallots, finely chopped
– 2 pieces tender stem broccoli, blanched
– 10g butter
– 3 piece radish, glazed
– 1 egg
– 20ml Sriracha sauce
– Pea shoots
1. In a heavy bottom pan sweat off the shallots and chicken in the olive oil. When coloured add the quinoa and stir until transparent add the chicken stock and simmer gently for approximately 20 minutes until cooked.
2. Add in the baby spinach, coriander and mix well, add a touch more stock if needed, check the seasoning.
3. Poach the egg.
4. Pan fry the broccoli in half of the butter and season. Pan fry the radishes in the rest of the butter and deglaze the pan with a little Sriracha.
5. Arrange on the plate as per photo, garnishing with the pea shoots and Sriracha sauce.
#pallastasteThis recipe was brought to you by Pallas Foods recipe development chef Simon Hudson. Pallas Foods is one of Ireland’s leading food distributors serving over 9,000 customers.
They have a portfolio of over 14,500 products and offer fresh, frozen, ambient and non-food products, in addition to an extensive wine list from their Private Vines Collection.
For more information log onto www.pallasfoods.com