Rainbow Chard & Leek Filo Tart Recipe By Monika Coghlan
Rainbow Chard & Leek Filo Tart Recipe By The talented Monika Coghlan. Beautiful filo tart with great flavours from the leek and chard, the freshness and creaminess of ricotta & feta, makes it a perfect dish for breakfast, luch or even as a starter to a great dinner.
6 filo pastry sheets
500g leek, washed and sliced
500g chard leaves (stalks removed), washed and chopped
200g feta cheese
100g ricotta cheese
Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
3tbsp of fresh dill, chopped (alternatively dried dill)
1tbsp of fresh mint, chopped
3tbsp pine nuts
Salt and pepper
1. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan, add the leek and chard.
2. Season with salt and pepper and cook for about 15 minutes until soft.
3. Stir in about 3/4 of the feta cheese, ricotta, lemon juice and zest, dill, mint and pine nuts. 4. Mix well. Roll out the filo pastry sheets. Brush them individually with a little bit of olive oil and lay them over a 23-cm tart tin.
5. Spoon the mixture into the tin laid with the pastry sheets. Sprinkle with the remaining feta crumbs.
6. Cover the mixture with the overhanging pastry. Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 30 minutes. 7. Leave to cool slightly and rest. Serve warm.
‘People eat with their eyes ﬁrst’ says Monika Coghlan- a Recipe Developer, Food Stylist & Photographer based in Cork. ‘Whether it’s consciously or subconsciously, we use all our senses to make a food selection, with sight being the most signiﬁcant. The more visually appealing a dish is, the more appetising it gets. That’s why food presentation is so important’ says Monika. Monika loves experimenting with food and discovering new ﬂavours. Her recipes are simple and based on fresh accessible ingredients and seasonal produce. She’s convinced cooking from scratch doesn’t have to be complicated or time consuming. Monika strongly supports local Irish food businesses and has established relationships with many of them. Through her images, Monika combines her love for food with her passion for photography. Her photos are authentic and show food’s natural beauty.
For more info, updates on the upcoming events, seasonal recipes and mouthwatering pictures of food.