Mix up your breakfast routine and opt for something different with this tasty, healthy raspberry & coconut breakfast loaf recipe.
Makes a 450g Loaf
– Coconut oil, for greasing
– 175g almonds, or ground almonds
– 25g desiccated coconut, plus extra toserve
– 1 lemon, zested
– 2 tsp baking powder
– 3 free-range eggs
– 5 tbsp honey, plus extra to serve
– 150g raspberries, plus extra to serve
– Sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
2. Grease and line a 450g (1lb) loaf tin. Blitz the almonds in a food processor to a flour-like consistency (if you are using ground almonds, skip this step).
3. In a mixing bowl, mix together the ground almonds, desiccated coconut, lemon zest and baking powder with a pinch of sea salt.
4. In another bowl, whisk the eggs until fully combined, then add the honey.
5. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture, then gently fold in the raspberries.
6. Carefully pour the mixture into the lined tin, gently pressing in the extra raspberries.
7. Bake in the hot oven for 50–60 minutes, until cooked through and a knife inserted comes out clean, covering with foil for the final 20 minutes.
8. Brush with honey and sprinkle with the extra desiccated coconut. Transfer to a wire rack to cool, then slice and serve.
To buy this book visit www.amazon.co.uk