These raw vegan protein balls are a great source of natural energy. They help maintain a healthy digestive system, and they are a slow energy release food that help keep cravings at bay.
They also have an abundance of dietary fibre making them great for avoiding constipation, which may arise from time to time in the body – and we all know it’s rather unpleasant.
They have high content of potassium that surpasses bananas, and a bonus point is that they can even make you look better by increasing muscle tone, making them perfect fuel for when you are training and in the throes of an exercise regime, or indeed to sustain a very hectic lifestyle!
The recipe is easy and can be altered. Here I used a mixed berries, but you can add cranberries, blueberries or goji berries. They are delicious straight away, or store in the fridge where they have a chance to get a little bit harder. They can last about a week or more too, so make a great meal prep energy food to tackle fatigue and sugar cravings on a healthy manner.
– 1/2 cup peanut butter
– 1/2 cup coconut shavings
– 1/2 cup mixed berries
– 1/2 cup medjool dates, pitted
– 2 tsp cacao powder
– 1 small tablespoon vanilla essence
– 1/2 cup milled linseed
– 1 spoon chia seeds
– 1 tsp maca powder
– 3 tbsp agave
1. Mix ingredients altogether in a food processor until a dense mix is formed that is easy to mould.
2. Separate the mixture and mould into either protein balls by forming a hard ball and in the palm of your hand using circular motions to shape, or else simply flatten out and cut into brownies/bars.
3. If you are sticking to the protein balls then roll out when shaped accordingly on the desiccated coconut.
I’m an entertainment publicist, illustrator and writer. Besides the obvious love for music, art and words; I hold great passion for film, psychology, theatre, travel, health & fitness. I also have a diploma in nutrition and I am a vegan and coeliac. Web: Www.goodseedpr.com