This roast chicken bake recipe is a bit more Mediterranean in feel – a reminder of summer when you most need it. And if you get your butcher to debone the thighs as part of your order, this dish takes less than 10 minutes to prepare. It’s almost ludicrously easy. You simply mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, transfer onto a tray, bung it in the oven and voilà! It really is the ultimate no-brainer dinner.
– 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
– 2 red onions, quartered
– 1 red pepper, deseeded and quartered
– 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and quartered
– 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
– 4 garlic cloves, crushed
– Few springs of thyme, oregano or rosemary
– 100ml white wine
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. It’s so simple. Basically, put all the ingredients in a bowl, toss them together and season really well (good seasoning is essential here).
3. Swap the bowl for a roasting tray and bake for 45–50 minutes. This smells divine and tastes even better.
What do you get when you take a chef with an interest in nutrition and a nutritional therapist with an interest in great food, both of whom have battled their way through cancer?
In The Ketogenic Kitchen Domini and Patricia share with you exciting nutritional developments which reveal that a diet low in carbohydrates and high in fat, in conjunction with the treatment recommended by medical professionals, offers new hope and protection against many chronic illnesses. This food philosophy also has the welcoming side effects of weight loss and management, higher energy levels and glowing good health. Whether you are facing treatment, going through recovery or simply want to choose food that helps to keep you healthy in the long term, Domini and Patricia’s fantastic new book will be your best friend in the kitchen, packed with revolutionary advice and delicious recipes. The authors also share their startling personal stories of battling cancer and their research into ground-breaking new ways to feed your body for optimal health.
The Ketogenic Kitchen is published by Gill Books and can be purchased at www.gillbooks.ie.