This Salmon Recipe with Blood Orange, Beetroot and Maple Salsa from M&S would be a perfect to bring to a summer BBQ, and would make a standout and delicious centre piece at a dinner party.
– 1 KG Scottish Lochmuir salmon side
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– 5 blood oranges
– 300 g cooked baby beetroot
– 1 large green chilli
– 1 tbsp maple
– 4 tbsp olive oil
– 25g hazelnuts
– 2 tbsp dill
– Salad leaves and crusty bread
1. Deseed and finely chop the green chiliis. Toast and roughly chop the hazelnuts. Freshly chop the dill.
2. Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
3. Put the salmon on a large, lightly oiled baking sheet, and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Drizzle with a little olive oil and bake for 40 minutes.
5. Peel and segment 4 of the oranges, then roughly chop and put in a bowl.
6. Cut the beetroot into small wedges and add to the chopped oranges, along with the chilli.
7. Mix gently to combine.
8. Squeeze the juice from the remaining orange and whisk together with the maple syrup and olive oil.
9. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
10. Remove the salmon from the oven and transfer to a large serving platter.
11. Spoon the orange and beetroot mixture over the top, then scatter with the hazelnuts and dill.
12. Drizzle with the dressing, slice and serve with salad leaves and crusty bread.
All ingredients are available from Marks & Spencer.
Marks & Spencer offers an extensive range of food and wine. There are 17 stores in the Republic of Ireland. To find your nearest store visit www.marksandspencer.ie.