This salmon recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole30.
I was so excited when I took to the kitchen to try out this dish and let me tell you – it is as delicious as it looks and then some!! 3 of my favourite ingredients combined to make a finger-lickingly good dinner!!
– 2 Salmon Darns
– 100g Spinach
– 1 large clove of garlic, crushed
– 6 slices of streaky bacon
– 1 tbsp of olive oil
– ½ a lemon – cut into wedges
– Cracked black pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 200°c.
2. Heat ¼ tbsp of olive oil in a small pan; add the garlic and sauté for roughly one minute until the oil it starts to lightly brown.
3. Add the spinach and cook at a medium heat until wilted. Remove the spinach from the pan and set aside to cool.
4. Sprinkle the salmon with some black pepper and place the spinach on top of it.
5. Wrap each piece of salmon with the bacon as shown.
6. Place the darns in an oven dish lined with ¼ tbsp olive oil and some more black pepper, cover the dish with tin foil and add to the oven for 10 minutes.
7. Heat a pan with the remaining ½ tbsp. of olive oil, sear the darns on the pan for 3-4 minutes until the bacon has crisped and the salmon is fully cooked.
8. Remove the salmon from the pan, squeeze the lemon wedges of the darns, serve and enjoy!
Food is my passion! I spend every spare minute I have experimenting in the kitchen! I am constantly coming up with clean alternatives to junk foods in order to promote healthy eating in a unique and exciting way. My recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo and occasionally vegan. I hope you enjoy this recipe and after having a look through my blog are inspired to try new things!