If you are a nutella fiend and need to try get your spoon out of that less than healthy jar, Cocu’s Emilia Rowan has the answer to your prayers! This natural version of everyone’s favourite spread is as easy to whip up as it is to devour. Spread it on rye sourdough toast like they do in Cocu on Chatham Street or simply dive in with a spoon – this Cocu nutella recipe is a must-try!
– 4 cups almonds
– ½ tsp vanilla
– 220g dark chocolate
– 2 tsp coconut oil
– 2-4 tbsp cocoa powder
– 2 tsp honey/ agave
– 1 tsp sea salt
1. Roast almonds for 10- 15 mins, then allow to cool slightly.
2. Add almonds to food processor and process for 10-15 minutes, scraping down the sides as necessary.
3. At this point the almonds should start to clump together. Continue to process until you reach the desired consistency. I always process until my almond butter is liquid like.
4. Melt chocolate and coconut oil in small saucepan over very low heat.
5. Stir consistently until completely melted and smooth. Add chocolate, cocoa powder, vanilla, honey, and sea salt to almond butter and process again until smooth.
Emilia Rowan is the founder of Cocu, which has three branches in Chatham Street, Hatch Street and Baggot Street. Cocu serves fast, quick and healthy dishes crafted out of unprocessed, whole foods packing a nutritional as well as flavoursome punch. Cocu prides itself on the use of high quality, Irish produce locally sourced to create vibrant and original dishes. All dishes are nutritionally assessed by Registered Dietician Orla Walsh to ensure they are as balanced and wholesome as they are delicious.