European lamb is among the best in the world and is known for its delicious natural flavour, which compliments a whole array of traditional and global dishes. Whether lightly seasoned to let its rich, natural flavour shine through or kicked up a notch with a spice rub, lamb is a versatile ingredient and a natural, local choice for Irish consumers.
With a wide variety of delicious cuts to choose from, lamb is suitable for a range of preparations and cooking styles. This sautéed lamb recipe with sesame seeds and crunchy vegetables cooks quickly in a wok and is paired with Asian flavours for an exciting mid-week meal.
Serves 4 people
– 500g lamb strips (or lamb rump steak)
– 800g mixed vegetables, for example soy bean sprouts, peppers, broccoli, carrots, leeks, onions and mushrooms.
– 3 cloves of garlic
– ½ tsp fresh grated ginger
– 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
– 3 tbsp groundnut oil
– 1 level tbsp cornflour
– 4 tbsp soy sauce
– 50 ml dry sherry vinegar
– 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
1. Pour the sesame oil, crushed garlic cloves and grated ginger into a dish. Finely slice the lamb steaks and mix well with the marinade. Cover and leave to rest for 30 minutes at room temperature.
2. Finely slice the vegetables.
3. Mix the cornflour with the soy sauce.
4. Place the meat and marinade into a hot wok and stir-fry on a high heat until golden brown. Add the vinegar, 250ml water and the soy and cornflour mix. Bring to the boil, simmer for 1 minute, season to taste and keep warm in a dish.
5. Dry the wok, pour in the groundnut oil and heat well. Add the vegetables and stir-fry for several minutes. Ensure they remain crunchy.
6. Serve the vegetables with the meat in its sauce and rice. Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the top.
This feature was created for the ‘Lamb – Try It, Love It Campaign’, a new campaign launched in association with Bord Bia with co-funding from the EU. Visit www.facebook.com/TryLamb a tasty and fun destination for all things lamb.
THIS IS A SPONSORED POST IN CONJUNCTION WITH BORD BIA TO HELP PROMOTE #LAMBTRYITLOVEIT, A CAMPAIGN HIGHLIGHTING THE BENEFITS OF COOKING WITH EUROPEAN LAMB. FOR MORE RECIPE INSPIRATION, VISIT TRYLAMB.IE OR FOLLOW @TRYLAMB ON FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM.