This scrambled eggs recipe is quick, easy and very nutritious, yet they can get boring. I get into habits when I cook eggs, and I can forget how jazzy they can be when a little thought goes into the process.
This dish is so quick to make but packs a punch, with spinach for a green boost and magical, anti-imflammatory turmeric. The coconut cream gives a luxurious texture to this dish, and I love to add goat’s cheese for even more flavour and decadence. A glorious way to begin your day!
– 150g spinach leaves
– Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
– 5 eggs
– 120ml coconut cream or regular cream
– ¼ tsp ground turmeric
– 100g roasted red peppers from a jar, sliced
– 4 radishes, thinly sliced
– 4 slices rye bread, or gluten-free if you prefer
– 1 clove garlic, peeled
– 60g soft goat’s cheese (optional)
– Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat a dry pan over a high heat. Add the spinach and sprinkle over a few drops of water. Stir the spinach until it has wilted down completely.
2. Remove to a sieve and gently press out any excess water. Return to the pan and season with a little salt, pepper and a drizzling of extra virgin olive oil.
3. Break the eggs into a bowl and whisk together with the cream and turmeric. Season with half a teaspoon of salt and a good grinding of pepper.
4. Add the egg mixture, red peppers and most of the radish to the spinach and set over a medium heat.
5. With a spatula, continuously move the spinach and egg mixture around as it cooks. Just before you think it is ready, when it still seems a little too wet, turn off the heat.
6. Toast the bread, scrape the garlic clove across the surface, then drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil and a very small pinch of sea salt.
7. Pile the egg mixture on top and scatter over the remaining sliced radish and the goat’s cheese (if using). Finish off with another drizzling of extra virgin olive oil.
Best known for her role as team captain on Celebrity Juice, Ferne Cotton continues to make us laugh onscreen or keeping us company on the radio. In COOK EAT LOVE, Fearne has created easy, healthy recipes that are fun to make and delicious to eat. As a veggie herself, she still cooks meat for her family so the recipes can cater for both and be packed with goodness either way. With recipes ranging from Roast Chicken Cashew and Chilli salad to Salted Caramel Chocolate Slice, there is a little something for everyone.
Cook Eat Love by Fearne Cotton is published by Orion in hardback and eBook. Photography by Tamin Jones, Liam Arthur.