Eggs, the original super food. These 5 minute Scrambled Eggs make the perfect dish for brunch, lunch or after the gym.
– 2 eggs
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper
– A little olive oil
– 3 handfuls (approx. 50g) baby spinach leaves
– 1 tbsp mature cheddar cheese
– Crushed chilli flakes
1. Break the eggs into a small bowl, season with salt and black pepper and whisk to combine.
2. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add the spinach and stir until it wilts. This will take about 2 minutes.
3. Add the eggs to the pan and stir to combine with the spinach and to allow the eggs to reach the
bottom of the pan.
4. Allow to cook for a minute or two, stirring occasionally.
5. When they are just about set remove the pan from the heat. Stir through the cheese and sprinkle over some chilli flakes.
6. Serve with wholemeal toast.
World Egg Day is taking place on Friday 12th October and Bord Bia have developed a suite of nutritious and easy recipes to hero the egg. These recipes can be found at bordbia.ie/eggs.
Eggs are known to be high in protein, meaning they are the perfect meal option for post work outs and exercise. They are quick and easy to make and provide fuel for our busy daily lives. Bord Bia is encouraging people to get ‘cracking’ and create some delicious and versatile eggs dishes, in the coming weeks.
Remember to always look for the Bord Bia Quality Mark when purchasing eggs so that you know they have been produced to the highest Bord Bia quality standards and where they come from.