The quality of food available in Dublin pubs has increased dramatically over recent years. This excellent “Seafood Skillet with Chorizo Cream Sauce Recipe from The Merrion Inn” is just like some of the dishes provided in Dublin pubs are now amongst the highest calibre of food in the city. The Licensed Vintners Association (LVA) is sharing a selection of recipes from Dublin pubs, giving a taste of the top quality dishes you can find in pubs throughout the city and county. #DubPubDishes
Seafood Skillet with Chorizo Cream Sauce from The Merrion Inn. One of our most popular fish dishes that always brings a smile to the face. Easily made at home for you to enjoy.
Serving Size: 2
– Fresh fish (use your local fish monger for best quality)
– 100g fresh salmon (scaled and pinned)
– 100g hake
– 100g cod
– 100g tiger prawns (deshelled )
– 100g Connemara mussels fresh
For the skillet
– 8 baby potatoes (cooked and cooled)
– 1/2 lemon
– 1 fresh crusty bread
50 grams fresh dill finely chopped
To make the sauce
– 125g finely diced onion
– 500g tomato passata
– 250g chorizo sobrasada (diced)
– 500ml cream
– 4 garlic cloves
1. In a thick based pot, sauté the onion, garlic and diced chorizo until the chorizo oil starts to
2. Add the passata, bring to a simmer, add the cream and simmer for 10 minutes then season to taste. Cool the sauce.
3. In a food processor, blend the sauce until smooth.
Assemble the dish
1. In a Pyrex dish add the cooked potatoes, cover this with the sauce.
2. Add the prawns, mussels, cod, salmon, and hake on top of your potatoes to give it height and for presentation.
3. Bake in a preheated oven at 190 degrees for 12 minutes.
4. Serve with the lemon and crusty bread.
About The Merrion Inn
A family run pub with a long history of serving high quality food in a relaxed atmosphere. Fearghus, the 3rd generation of Mc Cormack’s to run the business, works closely with Paul Mc Govern (Head Chef) to offer customers seasonal menus using local fresh produce. The menus offer customers both modern Irish cuisine along with a twist on some more traditional dishes. Everything is prepared in house from our Guinness brown bread to our tempting desserts. With 33 wines by the glass, you will find the perfect wine to match your meal.
For More Information Visit:
Twitter – @THEMERRIONINN
Facebook – @themerrioninn
Instagram – @themerrioninn