With the entertaining season on the horizon, and festive treats on the mind, why not shake up your Christmas dessert menu this year and create some delicious Christmas Pudding Truffles.
Created by Siúcra and Catherine Fulvio, these mini treats are the perfect size to offer guests after a delicious Christmas meal. These mini Christmas Pudding Truffles are quick and simple to make, look fantastic and are the perfect bite-sized treat! Makes 18 mini truffles depending on size.
– 100g ground almonds
– 60g Siúcra rich dark sugar
– 3 tbsp dried cranberries, soaked in whiskey
– 3 tbsp raisins, soaked in cranberry or orange juice
– 3 tbsp glace cherries, chopped
– A generous pinch of all spice
– ½ tsp ground cinnamon
– 120g melted dark chocolate
– Siúcra rollout icing, to decorate
– Cherries, to decorate
– Siúcra icing sugar, to dust
To prepare the truffles
1. Combine all the ingredients into a bowl except the melted chocolate.
2. Pour in enough of the melted chocolate for it to stick together small bite size balls when shaped in your hands.
3. Place them on a piece of parchment on a tray and pop into the fridge until set. This will probably take about 15 to 20 minutes.
1. Using a spoon and fork, dip them into the slightly cooled melted chocolate and replace onto the parchment paper, leave to set.
1. When set, thinly roll out the Siúcra rollout icing and shape for the top of the Christmas pudding truffles. Use a little melted chocolate to stick them on.
2. Decorate with the cherries and roll out icing holly leaves.
3. When ready to serve, lightly dust with Siúcra icing sugar.
Catherine Fulvio the award-winning cookbook author has developed a series of sweet and savoury mini recipes exclusively for Siúcra, to showcase the functionality and breadth of the product range as well as demonstrating how fun, quick and easy it is to make delicious dishes from scratch, regardless of ability.