This bacon bites recipe is perfect for an evening when you’re not in the mood for a huge dinner or in need of a snack to keep you going, they are even great as a canapé for a special occasion! Whatever you’re in the mood for they are mouth wateringly delicious!!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole 30 approved.
Serves 3 to 4
– 2 large sweet potatoes, skin on cut into large slices
– 2 ripe avocados
– Small handful of coriander, roughly chopped
– Juice of 1/2 lime
– 1 clove of garlic, minced
– 1/4 chili, finely chopped
– 1 tomato, finely diced
– 1/2 red onion, finely diced
– 3 thick cut slices of bacon
– 3 tbsp olive or coconut oil
– Sprinkle of coarse salt
1. Preheat your oven to 220°c/428°F.
2. Toss the sweet potato in your chosen oil and place on a baking dish with a sprinkle of coarse salt.
3. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, flipping half way.
4. Make the guacamole: In a large bowl, mince the avocado with a fork and stir in the garlic, chili, tomato, onion and coriander. Set aside until your potatoes are fully cooked.
5. Remove the potato from the oven and smash each slice with a fork, cook for a further 5 minutes until golden and crispy. Once the potatoes are fully cooked place on a serving plate and top with a tbsp of guacamole on each.
6. Heat a pan with some oil and fry off the bacon until fully cooked and crispy, chop and sprinkle on top of the bites and enjoy!
Food is my passion! I spend every spare minute I have experimenting in the kitchen! I am constantly coming up with clean alternatives to junk foods in order to promote healthy eating in a unique and exciting way. My recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo and occasionally vegan. I hope you enjoy this recipe and after having a look through my blog are inspired to try new things!