This Mini Frittatas Recipe is part of Max Lowery’s new cookbook The 2 Meal day.
I love finding new ways to cook eggs, which are rich in vitamin A. They pair perfectly with smoked salmon – a great source of niacin, which is important for the utilisation of energy.
– 6 eggs
– 100g full-fat Greek yogurt, free range and preferably organic
– 1–2 spring onions, finely sliced
– 40g soft goat’s cheese
– 30g spinach, roughly chopped
– Grass-fed butter, for greasing
– 100g smoked salmon, cut into thin strips
– Lemon wedges, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
2. Mix the eggs and Greek yogurt together in a bowl. Add the spring onions, goat’s cheese and spinach.
3. Grease six small muffin cases with butter and divide the egg mixture equally between them. Bake for 20 minutes until the egg is cooked through.
4. Place strips of smoked salmon on t he top of each egg muffin and serve with lemon wedges on the side.
Max Lowery is a personal trainer and online health coach who trains many high-profile celebrity clients, influencers and tastemakers, including some of the world’s top models. In The 2-Meal Day, Max Lowery introduces intermittent fasting – eat just two meals a day, either breakfast and lunch or lunch and dinner – to burn fat and get fit fast.
Ditch the calorie-counting and the sugar highs and lows and enjoy two meals a day alongside Max’s workouts for a leaner, fitter, healthier body.
The 2 Meal Day by Max Lowery is published by Kyle Books. Photography by Kate Whitaker and Michelle Beatty.