This chilli recipe is so simple to make and it’s a great way to use up left over veggies in your fridge. You could add courgette or aubergine and any beans will do. It’s also really good cold or reheated the following day. Winner!
– 1 x 400g can butter Beans or cannellini Beans
– 1 x 400g can black Beans or kidney Beans
– 2 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
– 1 red pepper diced
– 1 large onion finely diced
– 3 cloves garlic
– 1 red chilli finely diced
– 1 cup frozen sweet corn
– 1 bay leaf
– 1 tsp ground cumin
– 1 tsp ground coriander
– 1 cinnamon stick ( or 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon)
– 1 tsp smoked paprika
– Sprinkling of dried chilli flakes
– Oil for cooking
– Salt and pepper for seasoning
1. Heat some oil in a large pan over a medium heat and add the onions.
2. Cover with a lid and allow to sweat for about ten minutes or until the onions have become soft and translucent.
3. Half way through the cooking grate in the garlic cloves and stir.
4. Remove the lid and add in the spices and stir well to cook them. Then add the chopped fresh chilli and the red pepper and stir. Cook for a couple of minutes.
5. Add in the chopped tomatoes and stir well. Once again cover with the lid and leave to simmer for about 20mins.
6. Drain and add the beans and the sweet corn and simmer on a low heat until the beans and corn are heated.
7. Serve with some cooling guacamole or vegan sour cream and nachos or boiled rice.
Tanya is a vegan food blogger who set up The Tiny Vegan Kitchen blog in 2015.
Since then she has expanded into hosting Supper Clubs and giving Cooking workshops from her home in Dublin.
Tanya’s recipes include vegan versions of her favourite wholesome foods and celebrate the array of ingredients that are available to us to create and enjoy delicious food.
She also loves a hearty meal and throughout her blog she calls on the cuisines of countries that she’s visited to provide the inspiration for some of her recipes.