Smoky Chicken Fillet with Pan Roasted Peppers, Asparagus & Couscous Recipe by My Nutition. An easy and very tasty recipe, with great flavours and textures. The smokiness of the chicken goes so well with the sweetness of the dried fruits in the couscous. Perfect for lunch or as an evening meal.
– 4 chicken fillets
– Smoked paprika, pinch
– Garlic powder, pinch
– Sea salt & Black Pepper, to taste
– 200 g Couscous (1 cup)
– 250 ml Vegetable stock (1 cup)
– 50 g Dried currants & cranberries
– ½ tsp Turmeric
Pepper & Asparagus
– 2 Red peppers, diced
– 500 g Asparagus
– 1 tsp oil
– 50 ml Vegetable stock
– Sea salt & black pepper, pinch
– 2 tsp pesto (optional)
1. Heat up a frying pan, medium to high heat. Sprinkle chicken fillets with garlic powder, smoked paprika, sea salt and pepper, to taste.
2. Cook chicken fillets on the dry hot frying pan, 3-5 minutes on each side, until golden and cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Cook red peppers and asparagus on the same pan, add a teaspoon of oil, then a splash of vegetable stock to steam fry vegetables, cook for 5 minutes, vegetables should be cooked al dente; Incorporate the pesto, stir gently. Set aside
4. Add dried couscous to a bowl, boil vegetable stock, turmeric and currants and cranberries, when boiling hot add to the dried couscous, stir well and cover for 5 minutes, stir with a fork before serving.
5. To assemble the dish, serve couscous, chicken fillet and pan roasted vegetables on top. Enjoy!
My Nutrition Ireland is a Nutritional & Health Consultancy, set up by Thomas Coleman and Jeeny Maltese in 2013. Understanding the importance of Health, how it impacts on people’s well-being & performance. Jeeny Maltese is a chef, passionate about Food & Health. A talented chef described as a “Latin Nigella Lawson”. Tom Coleman, a Nutritionist with a background in Science & Health Promotion, with a life time passion in Health, Sports & Science.