Smoothie Breakfast Bowl, Recipe By Chef Jeeny Maltese. With the summer and heat wave approaching, what better way to start your day than with a deliciously creamy breakfast. Loaded with goodness and so delicious, that almost feels like you are having dessert for breakfast, just the way we like it! Have it as a snack on a summer afternoon, to keep you energized and well nourished, glowing all summer long.
– 1 ½ cups mixed frozen berries
– ½ cup coconut milk or non-dairy milk of choice
– ¼ cup gluten free oats/porridge
– 2 Tbsp. honey or maple syrup
– Pumpkin seeds
– Sunflower seeds
– Chia seeds etc.
– Handful walnuts or nuts of choice
– Handful of berries
1. Put all the ingredients for the smoothie in a blender and process until you have the right consistency.
2. It should be smooth, creamy and slightly thick.
3. Pour the smoothie into a bowl and layer the toppings over the surface. Serve immediately and enjoy.
4. Alternatively you can keep it in an airtight container in the freezer, and serve it when you are ready to enjoy it.
PS: A tablespoon or two of nut butter, takes it to another level of deliciousness!
Jeeny Maltese, a Latin-American born TV chef & food writer. Featuring as celebrity chef on the RTE “Today Show with Maura & Daithi” and Virgin Media “The Six O’Clock Show”. Keynote speaker and guest chef at top festivals & events nationwide. Passionate about good eating & good food, making it accessible for everyone, through her cooking methods and philosophy. Enamoured with Ireland’s stunning land, quality food produce & its passionate people.
You can catch up with Jeeny at all the top summer food festivals this year, doing live cooking demonstrations on stage all over the country, from Taste of Dublin, Galway International Food Festival, Taste of Cavan, Savour Kilkenny and many more.