Christmas may be over but it’s still quite cold outside, so to help you through January and the last of the winter chill, why not indulge in this spiced hot chocolate mousse recipe from Beaufield Mews.
– 226g butter
– 200g milk chocolate
– 50ml water
– 116g caster sugar
– 2 eggs
– 2 egg yolks
– 45g drinking chocolate
– 335g cream
– Pinch of cinnamon, to taste
– Pinch of chilli powder, to taste
1. Melt butter and chocolate over simmering water. In a mixing bowl, whisk egg yolks and eggs together until thick & fluffy.
2. Boil water & sugar to 127 degrees. While whisking egg mix on low speed. Add sugar mix slowly.
3. Add drinking chocolate and spices to chocolate and butter mix. Whip cream to stiff peaks. Add chocolate mix to eggs. Finally fold in whipped cream.
4. Place in glasses and set for 6 hours, served with toasted marshmallows and hazelnut ice cream.
Nestled in Woodlands Avenue in Stillorgan, Beaufield Mews restaurant has been family run for almost 70 years.
Dining at Beaufield Mews is a relaxed and enjoyable experience for all, with the menu bursting with fresh ingredients and flavours.
Head Chef Colm Wyse has lovingly created a menu to suit all taste buds. The restaurant opens for both lunch and dinner.