This Spicy Egg Noodles Recipe with Prawns is from Saba Restaurant. A perfect dinner recipe for all the family.
– 450g egg noodles
– 20 medium prawns, fresh or frozen
– 3dsp sunflower oil
– 3 cloves garlic, crushed, chopped
– 5 bird’s eye chillies, crushed, chopped
– 6 cherry tomatoes
– 80g string beans cut 4cm
– 100g mixed peppers, sliced
– 80g onion, sliced
– 2 red chillies, sliced
– 3dsp fish sauce
– 2dsp oyster sauce
– 1dsp black soy sauce
– ¼tsp sugar
– 30ml chicken stock or water
– 10g holy basil
1. Soak the egg noodles in cold water for about 15 minutes until soft.
2. Drain and keep to one side. Prepare the prawns, but leave the tails on.
3. Bring a wok to a medium heat, add the oil, garlic and bird’s eye chillies and stir until you get the aroma of the garlic.
4. Add the prawns, stir for 30 seconds, add the egg noodles, stir again, then add the vegetables and chillies and cook for a minute.
5. Season with the fish sauce, oyster sauce, black soy sauce and sugar.
6. Add some stock or water using a ladle to pour it in around the edge so as not to cool the wok.
rong>7. To serve: Add the holy basil and serve.
Saba is an award winning Thai and Vietnamese Eatery on Clarendon Street and Baggot Street, Dublin. Saba, which means “happy meeting place” in Thai, serves authentic cuisine at reasonable prices in a setting described as “colonial meets contemporary”. Saba is renowned for our delicious food, fantastic atmosphere and cocktails that will tantalise your tastebuds. Taweesak Trakoolwattana, Tao, is our executive chef in Saba and he brings extensive culinary experience and a distinct passion for traditional Thai and Vietnamese dishes.
From the outset, Tao wanted diners to immediately recognise something different in Saba. “Asian restaurants can sometimes compromise authenticity with fusion recipes, while Saba remains true to its Thai and Vietnamese heritage.” Taos focus is on fresh, healthy ingredients and rich authentic flavours, but that does not mean that there is an interesting twist here and there.