Steam-Roasted Salmon Recipe with Brocolli, Lime, Ginger, Garlic & Chilli
I could eat this punchy dressing – packed with fish sauce, peanuts, lime and coriander – slathered over almost anything. It works particularly well to cut through this rich salmon recipe, while the peanuts provide wonderful texture.
– 400g broccoli,
– cut into small florets
– 2 cloves of garlic, grated
– 2 tbsp sesame/ vegetable oil
– 4 salmon fillets (approx. 800g total)
– 2 spring onions, finely chopped
– 2½ cm ginger, grated
– 1 red chilli, finely sliced
– 2 tbsp fish sauce
– 4 tbsp vegetable oil
– 2 limes, zest and juice
– 30g fresh coriander,finely chopped
– 55g peanuts, roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C fan/200°C/ gas 6. Place the broccoli florets in a large roasting tin, scatter over the grated garlic, sprinkle over the oil and toss well to mix.
2. Pop the salmon fillets into the roasting tin along with the broccoli, cover the tin tightly with foil, then transfer to the oven and bake for 20–25 minutes, until the salmon is cooked through to your liking.
3. Meanwhile, mix together the spring onions, ginger, chilli, fish sauce, vegetable oil, lime zest and juice, coriander and peanuts. Taste and adjust the levels of fish sauce and lime juice as you wish.
4. Remove the cooked salmon and broccoli from the oven and generously coat the salmon with dressing. Drizzle the remaining dressing over the broccoli, and serve immediately.
[su_note note_color=”#eeede9″]RECIPE BY RUKMINI IYER FROM THE ROASTING TIN[/su_note]
Rukmini Iyer is a food stylist and food writer living in London. After appearing on MasterChef 2013, she then went to cookery school and also trained at TM Kitchin’s ‘The Kitchin’. The Roasting Tin is filled with simple one dish dinners made with fresh and easy ingredients. Like one pot dinners, this is convenience cooking without scrimping on flavour or health.
[su_button url=”https://twitter.com/missminifer?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor” background=”#52a7ec” radius=”0″ icon=”icon: twitter” icon_color=”#ffffff”]Rukmini Iyer[/su_button] [su_button url=”https://www.instagram.com/missminifer/” background=”#A78365″ radius=”0″ icon=”icon: instagram” icon_color=”#ffffff”]Rukmini Iyer[/su_button]
The Roasting Tin by Rukmini Iyer is published by Square Peg in Hardback at £16.99