This Steamed Fried Eggs recipe, it sounds incredibly simple, but the secret lays on, that is all about the topping you choose to serve your eggs with. The reason they are steamed fried, is simply by removing the oil, greasy frying bit in the recipe, it means you can add all the tasty healthy fats, adding nutrition, texture and flavour to this recipe. Try it next weekend brunch or breakfast feast and thank me later. Enjoy!
– 2 eggs
– Boiling water
– Sea salt & pepper
– Toasted Seeded bread / sourdough
– Pan roasted mixed seeds: sunflowers, pumpkin, flax, sesame seeds, etc.
– Roasted red peppers
1. Heat up a non-stick small frying pan, high to medium heat. Lightly grease with a paper towel with a small amount of oil, wipe clean the pan.
2. Add a splash of boiling water to the hot pan.
3. Crack eggs and carefully them add to the pan.
4. Cover pan with a lid and cook to your liking.
5. Sprinkle some sea salt & pepper on top.
6. We’ve served ours with wholegrain toasted bread, avocado, roasted red peppers and sprinkle of toasted seeds.
Jeeny Maltese, a Latin-American born TV chef & food writer. Featuring as celebrity chef on the RTE “Today Show with Maura & Daithi” and Virgin Media “The Six O’Clock Show”. Keynote speaker and guest chef at top festivals & events nationwide. Passionate about good eating & good food, making it accessible for everyone, through her cooking methods and philosophy. Enamoured with Ireland’s stunning land, quality food produce & its passionate people.