The summer is well and truly underway and with the long stretch in the evenings, there’s no better time to grab a bottle or two of wine from the local supermarket and crack it open in the garden.
With garden parties and BBQs all on the menu this summer, wine provides the perfect finishing touch to an occasion.
We’ve asked some of the most popular supermarkets about some of the best wines they have on offer for us this summer, and all under €15 so they’re both delectable and affordable.
So stock up on your favourites, from Chardonnay and Pinot Grigio to a beautiful summer Rosé. Let’s just hope the weather matches our summery feelings.
– Torres Gran Sangre De Toro – €10.00
– Meursault Andre Goichot – €20.00
– Bourgogne Pinot Noir Naudin Tiercin – €10.00
– Guy Saget Sancerre – €12.00
For more information: supervalu.ie
– Tesco Finest* Provence Rosé – €13.00
– Tesco Finest* Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc – €10.00
– Tesco Finest* Vinas Del Rey Albarino – €12.00
– Tesco Finest* Barossa Shiraz – €16.00
For more information: tescoireland.ie
– Chilean Pedro Jimenez – €6.49
– Rioja DOCA Crianza – €8.49
– Australian Chardonnay – €5.99
– Montepulciano d’Abruzzo DOC – €6.49
For more information: lidl.ie
– Exquisite Collection Côtes de Provence Rosé – €8.99
– Sicilian Pinot Grigio Sauvignon – €6.99
– Belletti Spumante Rosé – €10.99
– Toro Loco Bobal Merlot – €6.99
For more information: aldi.ie
– Rapaura Sauvignon Blanc – €11.50
– Monastier Cabernet Sauvignon – €9.00
– Sacchetto Prosecco Frizzante – €10.00
– Heron’s Nest Cabernet Pinotage – €9.00
For more information: dunnesstores.com
Sarah has always had a great love of travel, food and photography. Following her journalism degree at DCU, she developed a passion for travel writing while living in Spain.
Named Best Break Out Travel Writer at the 2018 Travel Media Awards, Sarah loves exploring new places and sampling the local cuisine. Working with TheTaste.ie combines her love of food and travel.
A big people person, especially when it comes to hearing other people’s stories, Sarah loves interviewing chefs, food producers and more.