I’m a big advocate of eating leafy green veggies with every meal to avail of their powerful cleansing and energising properties and their huge spectrum of vitamins, minerals and protective phytonutrients. This supergreen smoothie bowl recipe is a great way to enjoy all the goodness of spinach, kale and avocado, sweetened with fruit to hide any ‘green’ taste.
– 125ml unsweetened almond milk
– 2 handfuls baby spinach
– 1 handful kale, tough stems removed
– 80g fresh or frozen pineapple chunks
– ½ lime, juiced
– ¼ ripe avocado
– ½ ripe banana, fresh or frozen
– ¼ cucumber
– 1 tsp wheatgrass powder (optional)
– 4–5 drops of liquid stevia to sweeten (optional)
– 2–3 ice cubes
– Coconut flakes
– Fresh berries
– Fresh figs
– Dragon fruit, quartered
– Chia seeds
– Cacao nibs
1. Place all the smoothie bowl ingredients into a blender and blitz until smooth.
2. Pour into a bowl and top with coconut flakes, fresh berries, fresh figs, dragon fruit, chia seeds and cacao nibs. Any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for two or three days.
Following on from the success of Eat Yourself Beautiful, Rosanna Dis back to help you get fighting fit, fast! With over 100 powerful recipes that complement and enhance your fitness routine, a sample diet, exercise plans and tricks to keep you motivated, Eat Yourself Fit has everything you need to look and feel your very best.