Here’s two really easy superhero juicing/smoothie recipes: a delish beetroot juice and a green smoothie.
Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Beetlejuice!
– 4 beetroot-boiled then peeled
– 1 large carrot
– 1 ½ apples, green or red
– half a lemon’s juice
– 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon of cayenne
– 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
1. Dice the beetroot, apple, and carrot (after grating).
2. Put all ingredients in a blender, and blitz until smooth.
3. Then sieve into a large bowl.
You can add grainy leftovers to hummus, or to salads.
The Hulk Smoothie Bowl
– 1/2 an avocado (save the other half for your avo toast!)
– 1 frozen banana (the night before, peel and slice and place in freezer)
– 3/4 cup of spinach
– 1 teaspoon of spirulina
– 1 teaspoon tahini
– 1 teaspoon almond butter
– 1/2 cup of blueberries (or use blackberries as they’re in season!)
– 1 tablespoon vanilla
– 2 drops/about a tablespoon of agave nectar or honey
1. Place in all ingredients in a blender, and mix until smooth.
2. Pour in a bowl, and top with your favourite nuts, chia seeds, even a dollop of coconut yogurt.
It’s fairly appropriate that with the name Carmel, I have a strong interest in food! I grew up in San Francisco and spent my summers in Cork, two amazing food cities. I find myself currently living in West Cork and experimenting with recipes and taking of photos of food I have created, which is marrying my two passions–photography and food.
I started baking and cooking as a way to relieve stress in high school, and found out pretty quickly I enjoyed being in the kitchen. In April 2014, I attended Ballymaloe Cookery School. Since then, I have have been working in different kitchens across Ireland, London and Italy, building on my education and building up my palette. My blog ‘Cooking With Carmel’ is a reflection of my traveling and growing up in a family of seven kids. I hope I inspire you to get in the kitchen and get cookin!