You don’t have to be a paleo geek to appreciate this bread – it’s incredibly good for you and really gorgeous.
Also freezes well and ready to grill when there’s nothing in the cupboard. Recipe by Susan Jane White below.
For the rosemary & lemon version, just replace the olives and tomatoes with a handful of sultanas, and swap the oregano for dried rosemary. Add some lemon zest. Plus a good serving of Frank Sinatra. Nailed.
– 2 cups milled flaxseed / linseed (220g)
– 3 teaspoons dried oregano
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– 4 eggs
– 1/2 cup regular or nut milk
– 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
– 2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses or honey, warmed until runny
– 10–12 small sun-dried or sun-blushed tomatoes
– handful of black olives, stones removed
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/350°F. Lightly oil a small baking tray that’s a few inches smaller in height than an A4 page.
2. Follow the instructions in the vid.
3. Bake for about 25 minutes, then remove from the oven and its tin. Allow to cool for 25 minutes on a wire rack.
Director, Camera & Lighting: Saskia Vermeulen
ABOUT SUSAN JANE WHITE
“My cookbooks have a crazy cult following, which allows me to misbehave regularly on radio and live TV. The Extra Virgin Kitchen was a No.1 bestseller, while my second cookbook, The Virtuous Tart, won Cookbook of the Year. Score.
As former president of Oxford University’s Gastronomy Society, I weaned an entire generation of students off anti-depressants, M&Ms and dodgy kebabs.” Read More