There are Christmas markets galore at this time of year – and one of my favourite stalls to oogle over has to be the nut stand. Lots of glorious sticky and crunchy nuts glistening under all those twinkly lights! These sweet and savoury nuts are absolutely delicious as a pre dinner nibble or as a little snack to munch on during the day.
This recipe also make a really impressive homemade Christmas gift – especially nice for your foodie friends. Simply pop them into an upcycled jar with a little ribbon and a candy cane tied on top.
Makes 1 medium sized jar/two small jars.
– 100g whole almonds
– 100g pecan nuts
– 1 tbsp melted butter/coconut oil
– ½ tsp cayenne pepper
– ½ tsp cinnamon
– 1 tsp sea salt
– 3 tbsp honey/maple syrup
– 1 tbsp coconut sugar/brown sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C for fan and 200°C for conventional oven. Prepare a baking tray with some grease proof paper or alternatively, grease a baking tray with some coconut oil/butter.
2. Melt the tablespoon of coconut oil or butter. Then, add all ingredients including the oil to a large bowl and mix the contents together.
3. Spread out the nut mixture flat onto the tray and bake for about 15 minutes – stirring the contents twice during the bake.
4. Store them in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
I’m an Irish food blogger from Donegal, and I am obsessed with food – and in particular, clean & healthy eating. I’ve been experimenting with food since my school days, and I am continuously developing and adapting recipes to keep my body happy and healthy. I always try to make my recipes adaptable – to help suit a wide variety of eaters, so I like to think there’s something for everyone here. I hope that my blog Thyme to Eat may inspire and bring a little culinary delight to your table. You can also find me on Twitter. Happy Feasting!