Catherine Buggy had a very successful career in HR before giving it all up to follow her passion for baking. Having noticed a gap in the market for high end baking mixes, Catherine began devoting her weekends to developing her range before going on to sell her wares at farmer’s markets.
By the time Tesco and Super Valu came on board, Boutique Bakes was a fully fledged producer of high quality, gourmet mixes. Now retailing in over 100 stores nationwide, Catherine has started exporting to Malaysia, Switzerland and the Mecca of baking, France. Le Comptoir Irlandais are supplying forty-three stores with Catherine’s mixes and the best seller is currently the Carrot Cake.
The award-winning range includes 5 products: Belgian Chocolate Brownie Mix – ‘The Gooey One’, Lemon Drizzle Cake Mix – ‘The Zingy One’, Carrot Cake Mix – ‘The Cheeky One’, Brown Bread Mix – ‘The Rustic One’ and the Flapjack Mix – ‘The Chewy One’.
Catherine has recently set up her own YouTube channel so she can share her recipes and show how versatile these mixes are. Each Boutique Bake mix is a hit on its own but now Catherine is showing us how to elevate them by adding different ingredients. You can get over twenty recipes out of her five mixes and she is using YouTube to inspire us to take our baking to the next level.
Boutique Bake mixes are created using only the finest ingredients and without any added extras. They are ideal for bakers of all abilities who are short on time but do not want to compromise on quality.
Become the baker you always knew you could be with Catherine’s easy Peanut Butter Swirl Chocolate Brownies recipe. The delicious duo of peanut butter and chocolate combine to make rich, fudgy and seriously moreish treats that are sure to earn brownie points with your friends and family!
– 1 pack Boutique Bake Belgian Chocolate Brownie
– 150g melted butter
– 3 eggs
– 200g peanut butter
1. Preheat your oven to 180° C / 160° Fan.
2. Mix the brownie mix with 3 eggs and 150g of melted butter until well combined.
3. Spoon half your mixture into a greased / lined square tin (10 x 7inch approx).
4. Next, melt your peanut butter in the microwave for approx. 30 seconds to loosen it up a bit.
5. Place approx. 6 teaspoonfuls of peanut butter equally spaced out across the brownie layer.
6. Pour over the remaining brownie mixture, and place the remaining peanut butter in little dollops across the top.
7. Using a sharp knife, pull the peanut butter into the brownie layer in sharp swirling motions until you have a lovely swirly pattern.
8. Bake for 20 – 25 mins depending on how gooey you like your brownies!
For more of Catherine’s recipes check out her YouTube Channel here